Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 09:59 PM

609 posts, read 615,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A LOT of 20-somethings don't think this way, though. I know quite a few average 20-somethings marrying other average 20-somethings. People are just happy to find a good match: someone who shares their vision of life, their goals, a few common interests and values.
I guess the really demanding ones just stand out to me, especially because they ask for more than they can give. And I see it a lot more in men. For example, an ex who I'm still friends with dumping a girl because he wasn't crazy about the shape of her nose. I actually saw a picture of her and she's waaaaay better looking than him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 10:03 PM

102,181 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I guess the really demanding ones just stand out to me, especially because they ask for more than they can give. And I see it a lot more in men. For example, an ex who I'm still friends with dumping a girl because he wasn't crazy about the shape of her nose. I actually saw a picture of her and she's waaaaay better looking than him.
The nose shape isn't a reason to dump people. It's a reason why you might not be attracted to them in the first place. Seinfeld had a schtick about being turned off by nose shape, lol! But seriously, either he's insanely superficial, or there were other reasons, like their personalities didn't mesh, or something.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:20 PM

195 posts, read 246,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The nose shape isn't a reason to dump people. It's a reason why you might not be attracted to them in the first place. Seinfeld had a schtick about being turned off by nose shape, lol! But seriously, either he's insanely superficial, or there were other reasons, like their personalities didn't mesh, or something.
Indeed. People often have reasons that they don't know how to articulate, so they just say whatever they do know how to articulate, such as "I didn't like the shape of her nose", and that is what others hear. I'd guess there was more to it.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:24 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
And if that woman finds the guy who is the cream of the crop she is never prepared to share him with other women. They have to know if a guy is the cream of the crop there will be other women in the picture.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:30 AM
FBJ

I gave up on my preferred type years ago because it's hard to find after 30 which is a cute woman who wears glasses and keeps her hair in a ponytail.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:34 PM

96 posts, read 74,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
And if that woman finds the guy who is the cream of the crop she is never prepared to share him with other women. They have to know if a guy is the cream of the crop there will be other women in the picture.
Is this some form of self-soothing?

Old 04-19-2015, 03:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPlaya View Post
Lol-weird.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:44 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPlaya View Post
So a guy that has it going on physically and mentally is not going to have tons of other woman number in his phone????

Old 04-19-2015, 03:59 PM

284 posts, read 340,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
So a guy that has it going on physically and mentally is not going to have tons of other woman number in his phone????
Just because a person is highly sought after doesn't mean he/she cannot maintain boundaries in favor of their chosen partner.

It is now patently clear why you are approaching 50 and still chronically single.

Sad.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
Just because a person is highly sought after doesn't mean he/she cannot maintain boundaries in favor of their chosen partner.

It is now patently clear why you are approaching 50 and still chronically single.

Sad.
No that's what women want to believe and end up being disappointed when things come to surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships