Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:14 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It is not so much that is age is irrelevant. It is more that his wallet and ability to treat her to whatever she wants in a financial sense overrides any ick factor she may have regarding his age. It does not mean she is not still getting laid by her tennis instructor or the hot guy from her yoga class while tolerating the old guy who may or may not be able to keep it up without blue pills.

Just being honest, of course.

Absolutely! Any guy who thinks he is buying exclusive rights is delusional.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-19-2015, 05:16 PM

195 posts, read 246,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
this has been discussed many times here before, but i thought the topic was worth revisiting since the article below was written by a >40yo successful business woman who is a matchmaker to successful men, so apparently she has some basis for her professional opinion on the subject.
This is known as confirmation bias. The primary demographic she deals with, are men that want to buy the attention of young women, so she concludes that all wealthy men are like this -- and you believe her.

Certainly, some men are like this, but so are some women. Not all wealthy men, nor all wealthy women. I know plenty of uber wealthy people, married to people their own age. Not everybody is out seeking the attention of a younger person to feed their ego.

I don't like dating women in their 20s or early 30s, because most of them aren't experienced enough in life to have much that is interesting to say (and most of them want to start families -- which isn't what I'm looking for).

I much prefer a women closer to my age. She has had interesting life experiences and can hold a conversation.

Sorry, but I reject your thesis.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, "always" is a big word, and I know too many very wealthy men married to women their own age to agree.

Otherwise... yawn.

Why would I care what other people do, didn't even care when I was single.
Exactly. People who think in such black and white terms are annoying. And often, wrong.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:19 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It is not so much that is age is irrelevant. It is more that his wallet and ability to treat her to whatever she wants in a financial sense overrides any ick factor she may have regarding his age. It does not mean she is not still getting laid by her tennis instructor or the hot guy from her yoga class while tolerating the old guy who may or may not be able to keep it up without blue pills.

Just being honest, of course.
homerun comment

Old 04-19-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Absolutely! Any guy who thinks he is buying exclusive rights is delusional.
geez really, who said anything about buying exclusive rights, i don't think this is about having ownership, more like consensual relationships.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:23 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,380,501 times
Quote:
interesting response, and there is some truth to the comment imho, such as there seems to be more self-interesting and personal gain these days (what have you done for me lately, bringing something to the table, what does he have to offer me? etc.) definitely much more commerce aspect to dating and relationships (note i didn't mention romance), really how else do you describe the sudden rise and social acceptance of sugar daddies, almost seems like its just another form on the financial aid application on campuses these days. i hear lots of younger guys complaining about women going for guys with more money, which btw i don't think is completely accurate; there are short term and long term qualities that women are attracted to, at least from my experience and observations.
I dislike the "commerce" aspect of dating and marriage, personally. However, if a woman wants to have children one day -- and most do -- chances are excellent that the guy is going to have to make serious bank to take care of her and the kids, especially as more and more women buy into the "attachment theory" of parenting (and hence, don't want to work). The man also has to pony up for the big house, the car, the vacations ... essentially, he has to make a quality life for three or four. I personally know women who passed by men they really loved for more wealthier men they were only fond of for this very reason.

I'm childfree, so I approach relationships from a more egalitarian perspective. There should never be a reason for me not to contribute to the relationship/marriage financially unless I fell seriously ill and was physically unable to work. I take great pride in my career, and being able to support myself doing something that I totally love. What I've found is that a lot of free-thinking men are still a little threatened by the thought of a woman who can pack up and leave him because she has the means.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
This is no different than any of the other gazillion articles about the same topic.
Not much worth revisiting when only the words, year and statistic numbers change, the basic idea is the same.

Who cares, people are attracted to who they are attracted to and honest to goodness if I read one more word about how much "better" some young "coin bounce off your butt body" is than anyone else I am going to throw up.

That coin will not "bounce" forever because age, children, and any number of other things will change all of whatever it is she is supposed to have that makes better than anyone else.

It is way beyond the time for humans to accept that other humans may or may not be attracted to them no matter what their age is or what their butt looks like.
It is funny and rather a "duh" type of concept because we all find youthful bodies and faces nice to look at.

This does not mean that we all want to date them. It is just an aesthetic thing, I suppose.

I think you can find the beauty in just about anyone. And I know you can find the mental connection you require (whatever that may be) with a person regardless of age sometimes.

I am not a fan of pigeonholing things into neat boxes. The human mind does not work that way.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:24 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
Quote:
Why Older Rich Guys Will ALWAYS Want (And Get) Younger Women

candidly, the "older guys prefer younger women" theory is a pretty much a truism to me,
so what is more interesting to me is her opinion on the relationship dynamics.
like the comment on whether there is true love or LTR longevity issues.
This data is about DATING ...little more.

As for me... I'd settle for a 50ish woman who isn't nuts or angry.
Under 5'6"/140, likes books and dogs, doesn't need her bills paid.
Kids are grown and gone. That shouldn't be too hard... right?

Old 04-19-2015, 05:25 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
geez really, who said anything about buying exclusive rights, i don't think this is about having ownership, more like consensual relationships.
Is it about relationships, or is it about rich guys looking for a marriage partner? The men who see the matchmaker in order to find a suitable marriage partner would be of the mind that exclusive rights were part of the package.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
I dislike the "commerce" aspect of dating and marriage, personally. However, if a woman wants to have children one day -- and most do -- chances are excellent that the guy is going to have to make serious bank to take care of her and the kids, especially as more and more women buy into the "attachment theory" of parenting (and hence, don't want to work). The man also has to pony up for the big house, the car, the vacations ... essentially, he has to make a quality life for three or four. I personally know women who passed by men they really loved for more wealthier men they were only fond of for this very reason.
thanks for sharing that comments, pretty much confirms what many think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships