Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
geez really, who said anything about buying exclusive rights, i don't think this is about having ownership, more like consensual relationships.
I think the point was that some guys are delusional and they do think that all these younger women are into them because they are so "young for their age" or whatever.

This just is not always the case. People choose partners for a variety of reasons and not all these older guys are particularly appealing apart from their wallets and their life experiences that might lead them to treat a woman to things that she would like to experience that cost money.

Younger guys with money may feel like a woman owes them far more if they are going to spend that cash on her.

We see that here in this forum all the time.

Guy is young, makes six figures, wants a supermodel babe for a girlfriend, but is upset because she did not offer to split the tab.

You think that happens with a 50 year old guy and a 25 year old woman?

Hell no. LOL.

Maybe those younger guys can learn something about game from their elders, eh?

Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is it about relationships, or is it about rich guys looking for a marriage partner? The men who see the matchmaker in order to find a suitable marriage partner would be of the mind that exclusive rights were part of the package.
ruth you are better than that, that is a stretch, almost seems like a rationalization for accepting the existence of an arrangement you don't agree with unless the individuals who engage in it are defective somehow.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is it about relationships, or is it about rich guys looking for a marriage partner? The men who see the matchmaker in order to find a suitable marriage partner would be of the mind that exclusive rights were part of the package.
Or they at least want the woman to be discreet and there is a don't ask, don't tell deal there.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:33 PM

609 posts, read 615,549 times
It's one thing to want to sleep with a woman who is "super hot" and half your age or to briefly date her but I don't think all of these guys are making them their wives. They would probably prefer an intellectual equal. Anyways beauty fades.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:34 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or they at least want the woman to be discreet and there is a don't ask, don't tell deal there.
"Don't ask questions that you really don't want the answer to"

Old 04-19-2015, 05:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Ugh another bashing older women thread. First off, not all older men rich or not want younger. Second, just because they want younger doesn't mean they can get younger. Third these are extreme cases and it's more of a business arrangement than love. He's a sugar daddy and she's a gold digger. Fourth, who cares? Most people aren't rich. Fifth, not all women care about money, I'd rather have a guy I find attractive.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:35 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
thanks for sharing that comments, pretty much confirms what many think.
Money over a shallow world? The relationship will be pointless, lost and hormonal.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:37 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
It's one thing to want to sleep with a woman who is "super hot" and half your age or to briefly date her but I don't think all of these guys are making them their wives. They would probably prefer an intellectual equal. Anyways beauty fades.
i've never heard a man say that he was primarily interested in finding a wife who was his intellectual equal. i use to include that as part of a list of qualities in an ideal mate, then i just figured out that finding someone who was good looking, had good sex, and treated me nice/respectful was good enough. that is still my rule for LTRs....

Old 04-19-2015, 05:50 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
ruth you are better than that, that is a stretch, almost seems like a rationalization for accepting the existence of an arrangement you don't agree with unless the individuals who engage in it are defective somehow.
What?? I'm assuming that a lot of these guys are looking for love, not just a warm body. I happen to know a rich guy who tends to prefer women 20 years younger, and he just married one (his first marriage). They're both in love, and that was certainly what he was looking for. And they are intellectual and creative equals (both in the arts). His previous gf was also his intellectual equal (lawyer and political activist). Some men go for those types. They like to have someone they can have substantive conversations with, and who share their values, including humanitarian, intellectual, creative, whatever, values.

Sorry, but I don't understand your comment at all. Most people do have the expectation that they and their partner will be exclusive.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:55 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Hypergamy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships