Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 12:44 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You just can't teach kissing. There are too many variables, including their reactions and potential insecurities. It's not a good place to be in when you're just starting out with someone.

Well, it usually ends there. Or, I think it does as we get older (oh, I worked through bad kissing some times when younger and just wanting to get laid, it always ended in why did I bother sex). If that passion isn't flamed by kissing a new person, that's is the tell of all tells that this isn't the right person for you and just stick a fork in it.

If you're kissing someone new, it absolutely should drive you both crazy where you want to rip off each others clothes and go at it. You might not for whatever reason, but that kissing needs to drive that desire to. It's the entire point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 01:18 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you're kissing someone new, it absolutely should drive you both crazy where you want to rip off each others clothes and go at it. You might not for whatever reason, but that kissing needs to drive that desire to. It's the entire point!
Agreed!

Old 05-05-2015, 02:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Role play time! Your the teacher, she is the student!

Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnyJeep View Post
I've been dating this woman for a while, and things are really enjoyable, except that she is a really bad kisser, probably the worst of anybody that I've dated this long.

I've talked to her about it, but I think she is embarrassed by the topic. She claims that the reason is because, when most of us in our teen years spent hours making out (instead of taking things further), she was instead, just taking things further, and so never developed really good kissing technique.

I can't say I really liked this answer.. but that is a another story.

She also blames her ethnicity. She was born in the US, but her parents were not, and she claims that women from her ethnic background aren't really known to be great kissers, but prefer to just "peck". I know we aren't supposed to get into ethnic details here so not sure I should say more, but has anybody ever heard of people from certain ethnic backgrounds being bad kissers? I've dated a couple of other women from a similar background -- and I didn't experience this.

I shouldn't complain too much, because she is great at sex, but I'd like her to be better at kissing as well.

She tried using more tongue... but she was just licking the outside of my mouth randomly. It was as if she is from another planet.
It's hard to know if you are a good kisser, and what the other person wants. I've had some guys request more open mouth, which did not insult me, but IMHO they could have been more playful about it, or demonstrated for me. Just say "Here's what I like" and do it to her.

Find some Cosmo articles on kissing for her. Or some You Tube videos.

Have a 'date' where you do nothing but play with kissing. Get some accessories like ice cubes and chocolate syrup. Kiss her in different ways in a pattern so she can predict what is going to happen next. Then change the pattern.

Teach her to put her mouth on other parts of your skin (neck, ears, etc) so she gets used to the feel of it.

It IS Hard to feel confident about such things when you know your partner isn't truly satisfied. and it makes you dread it. So tread very lightly and romantically!

I would not give up on a good relationship over kissing.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:23 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Or, you could just go in the other direction and get her tongue pierced.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:45 PM

13 posts, read 13,357 times
I once watched something on one of the adult channels on the proper way to perform oral on a man. I'm sure there must be something online about the proper way to French kiss. Your could even turn it in to a fun sensual night in with candles, wine, etc.
Then it's about the two of you, not just her lack of skilz.
Good Luck.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:52 PM

609 posts, read 615,549 times
Quote:

I remember hearing that in my adolescence. I kind of forgot that. You're right. If that passion isn't there right away, it's a bad sign.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:15 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I had a girl jam her tongue down my throat, I almost threw up on her. She went past my tonsils and was trying to find my shoes.......

Seriously.

Should of held out till she got to your balls. Wimp.

The worse kisser I ever had was a girl my buddy introduced me to. She sort of opened her mouth in a giant O and then placed it over my mouth and whipped her tongue around. Weird as hell at first but she got better in time as we went along. Never got really great but in the end she could do a proper passable kiss. Once in a while she tended to open too wide. She had a Julia Roberts type mouth

Old 05-07-2015, 06:04 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
That really can't be taught. That is part of someone's sensual core. It's there, or it isn't.
It is kind of like what is said about those who can dance.. they either have it or they don't. I have experienced very good kissers and don't recall any that weren't.. maybe one.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:16 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
In my experience, this is nearly impossible to teach.

Good luck!
My wife is still trying to teach me to kiss the way she likes, and i have made some progress in 18 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships