Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:15 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,542 times

Advertisements

Alright, everyone's significant other does something that you find incredibly annoying. That's makes you cringe and wrinkle your face, but you put up with it because you love them.

My husband whistles. A LOT. It drives me crazy. And he's pretty good at it, which almost makes it worse, because he will go on and on and on. Whenever a song comes on or if a tune pops into his head, he whistles. I don't think he even knows it bothers me, because there is no point in arguing over something so silly and it's a harmless annoyance, but annoying nonetheless. I just cringe every time and I try to tune it out, but I can't. I almost told him to stop it the other day, because he just kept going and going but he finally quit right when I was about to say something.

So what are some of those annoying habits??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:25 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Mine doesn't put stuff back where they belong after she uses it. She walks around the house with the TV remote for some odd reason. So when we can't find it, its not like we can assume its in the living room. Sometimes, its in the bathroom... huh?

I'm not a neat freak.. .I don't mind organized mess... but I want to be able to find stuff at the location that makes sense.

Drove me nuts in the beginning (before we were married). So I either needed to accept it or move on. I accepted it obviously since she is now my wife. I'm sure I do stuff that drives her nuts....

Old 05-04-2015, 11:29 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I am an early person. On the weekends I get up early and do chores or go away and do something nice.

Bf gets up early but is doing nothing until around noon, where he fully wakes up and his joint are no longer stiff and painful. Noon is half day over in my book.

If he has chores to do, they ruin the whole Saturday because he has to do them in the afternoon. I would do them in the mornings and have the rest off.

And then he complains in the evening that he had no real weekend because all he did was chores.

Old 05-04-2015, 11:48 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
About the only thing I can think of is not doing her dishes or dirting dishes unnessarly.
Like using a cup and pulling another new one to get a drink an hour later.

...just rinse the cup you just had.

She tries, I can't really be too upset.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:22 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am an early person. On the weekends I get up early and do chores or go away and do something nice.

Bf gets up early but is doing nothing until around noon, where he fully wakes up and his joint are no longer stiff and painful. Noon is half day over in my book.

If he has chores to do, they ruin the whole Saturday because he has to do them in the afternoon. I would do them in the mornings and have the rest off.

And then he complains in the evening that he had no real weekend because all he did was chores.
My husband is similar.

What drives me nuts is how he claims to not need as much sleep as I do, yet on the weekend sleeps for 10 to 12 hours, whereas I get the same 7 to 8 I get every other night. Maybe if he just got 7 hours of sleep during the week he wouldn't have to sleep so much on the weekend! He is totally blind to it though, even when it has been pointed out.

I never thought I was a morning person, but compared to my husband I am. I hate just lounging in bed, I want to get up and get going.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
I don't see anything good out of this tread except that love will overlook these irritations.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I don't see anything good out of this tread except that love will overlook these irritations.
Oh, lighten up. No one is perfect and everyone does something that annoys their partner and sometimes it is fun (and necessary) to complain about those little quirks. Nothing anyone has posted (or will as that is not the point of this thread) is grounds for divorce. Plus it may help new couples to see that stuff like this is totally normal and is a part of every committed relationship.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:43 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
My ex use to drive so SLOW on the interstate or highway, I mean never going over 55mph, but would tailgate everyone while driving in town.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:29 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I used to get mad when my ex bit into the spoons and forks when he ate and it made that metal spoon/fork biting noise.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:50 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Hmm....I'm sure there is something.

I have gotten irritated when he tries to tell me how to clean something, when I clean up 95% of the time since I stay home. I've washed hundreds of loads of dishes and they get clean every single time. I don't need advice. Luckily it is very very rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships