Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 06:47 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1467 View Post
So this is what I gather: either...

1. Talk to him on the phone first. Meet at a public fast food restaurant and vet him out some more. And send friends information about him (face, car, etc.)

Or

2. Meet when he has a day off at church

Cool ideas. And he wasn't picking me up at my house, I did not reveal my address, he the plan was picking me up somewhere near my house.

I have been reckless in the past. I'm trying to be a little less reckless now.

And I planned on having sex willingly so the risk of sexual assault is nil...

The bold explains why you are being picked up in the middle of the night and why he/you don't want to meet in a public place. If you want to have sex, why not have sex in your own house or meet him at a hotel? If you go to his place in his car, you can't leave until he is ready for you to leave.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:57 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Are you not aware that there are women who are abused physically even when willing to have sex with a total stranger?

I am stunned at your naivety.

Maybe you should ditch church and find a new "religion" or spiritual path that teaches you how to cultivate compassion and respect for yourself. Or one that teaches you wisdom.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:02 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Sexual assault is not about sex.

It is about dominance, power, and abuse. A rapist does not get gratification from a willing partner.

I was skeptical about the legitimacy of this thread... this one statement has convinced me that I'm correct or the OP has some serious issues that need professional help to deal with.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:13 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,445,137 times
better buy life insurance

Old 05-04-2015, 07:34 PM

22 posts, read 34,389 times
I spoke with him on the phone and we changed the plan. We will meet during day hours. Before he goes to work. it now sounds like a much safer deal than before. Thanks for all your suggestions. I now feel that the weapon is not necessary, lol. we will go to a private place later, I'm not sure if his place or mine yet. But definitely not the woods this time at least, so haha...

Old 05-04-2015, 07:40 PM

22 posts, read 34,389 times
And I admit I don't know much about the psychology of rapists. But why would you choose someone who is obviously willing to meet for consensual sex if your intent is nonconsensual sex? Wouldn't you just like kidnap someone so they wont be so willing?

But I doubt he is a rapist anyway...I think we are both just horny people...based on my character assessment.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
So, I'm basically a hermit who does not go clubbing or anything that normal people do. I'm not working or in school so I can't meet people through there. The only place I go is literally church. The rest is activities by myself.
How do you support yourself??

You know this is super risky. But you don't care. I can't tell if it's because you LIKE the risk or if it's because you've just been incredibly, unbelievably lucky.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM

649 posts, read 569,843 times
This sounds like an episode of Dateline waiting to happen. A naive, young, church going girl meets a stranger off the internet and ends up hacked into pieces.

Get a vibrator and a therapist before you get raped and murdered.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
All I can advise is quality over quantity.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 PM

532 posts, read 958,626 times
Quote:
Talking on the phone first and meeting at McDonald's are all good ideas. I shall implement them.

But I don't think statistically many people get murdered on CL. The Craigslist killer was a rare exception. I'm still not 110% trusting of it though.

Local story that went viral I believe.

A pregnant woman found an ad on CL for baby clothes, sounds harmless enough?

The woman went to this person's house alone (in the middle of the day I believe), the woman let her into her house and then cut open her stomach and stole the unborn baby.

The woman survived (after emergency surgery) and thankfully because she remembered the address where she was when she called 911, unfortunately the baby died.

So, is it ok that she wasn't murdered????

There are so many red flags in your story that I amazed you are or were seriously thinking of doing this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships