Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
You're right. I'm just something amusing at work, and an ego boost. He likes that I like him.

Personal numbers have not been exchanged. We have company iPhones.

I want to ignore him and act like he doesn't exist. Is that the wrong way to handle this?
Yes, it's immature.

Just do your job. Deal with him with work stuff only. That's it/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 06:13 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,345 times
Some women blow my mind with their, for lack of a better word, stupidity.

Look at it this way, OP--you're fantasizing and getting attention from a married man, and you love it. That's perfectly fine--but HE'S MARRIED. Pull out your double-standard card and remind yourself how you'd react if your husband was lunching with some office tart once a week. That just would not be tolerated, would it?

Respect yourself and this idiot's wife and put an end to it.

Or keep it going and then post a few threads a few months from now about how he slept with you and how sad and hurt you are that he ignored you afterward.

"Please don't judge me or be mean, but I am infatuated with a married co-worker."

Old 05-06-2015, 06:36 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,467 times
Op the guy whom I am seeing his dad cheating on his mother with many women.
He tried to get with a co worker but she refuse and turned he into HR and got fired.
When his mother found out , she thought killing him.
She moved out and now living with their daughter.
None of his children talk to him .
Now He is working at a 7-eleven.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:39 PM

46 posts, read 58,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Some women blow my mind with their, for lack of a better word, stupidity.

Look at it this way, OP--you're fantasizing and getting attention from a married man, and you love it. That's perfectly fine--but HE'S MARRIED. Pull out your double-standard card and remind yourself how you'd react if your husband was lunching with some office tart once a week. That just would not be tolerated, would it?

Respect yourself and this idiot's wife and put an end to it.

Or keep it going and then post a few threads a few months from now about how he slept with you and how sad and hurt you are that he ignored you afterward.

"Please don't judge me or be mean, but I am infatuated with a married co-worker."

He's put an end to it apparently. By all of a sudden ignoring me and standing me up. I would never sleep with a married man or a coworker.

We had one lunch and then he basically went MIA. It's over now, I just have a bruised ego I guess. Doesn't feel good to be ignored and stood up....

Old 05-06-2015, 06:48 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,716,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well the main thing you're naive about is thinking this guy is actually trustworthy and cares about your friendship, despite the obvious signs that

1. He doesn't see you as any kind of friend
2. He's not trustworthy since he doesn't want his wife to know about any lunches you do have.

The guy is knocking on 40-middle aged. Meanwhile you're basically still a child, who was in HS not long ago, and has only legally been able to even drink for a little over a year.

This guy doesn't respect you, and he's not as invested in you as you are in him, and it shows. What more do you need when he blows you off twice, won't tell his wife about you when you do get together, and calls you over to talk but then ignores you and speaks to someone else?

The signs seem to point to him just finding you as something amusing at work, and an ego boost.

And if this is a platonic work friendship, why have numbers been exchanged? Are you calling his personal phone or work to get him? If so, I thought you said in your last thread you wouldn't be making person phone calls with him? If so, you 2 are getting even more fishy behind his wife's back.
Yeah VC nailed it.

Some things should just be common sense. I hope you now see the situation for what it is and try to move forward without giving him a second thought.

I would just ignore him.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:55 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Yeah VC nailed it.

Some things should just be common sense. I hope you now see the situation for what it is and try to move forward without giving him a second thought.

I would just ignore him.
Well hard to do with a co-worker. This is why you don't bring romance into the office lol She said she wanted to pretend he doesn't exist, but you don't have that option at work. Now she's pissed and bringing the spite to work. A situation that was easily avoidable.

So OP, you need to stay professional, where you should have in the 1st place, especially since you had a crush on him. He's married. And you work together. Talk to him about work. That's it. if he starts trying to flirt, or touching you, tell him it makes you uncomfortable and that it's not professional. If tries to make small talk, you tell him you have no personal business with him--only work business. And put your foot down about it. Tell him if he doesn't behave more professionally and stop the flirting and touching, you'll be reporting him.

A good way to handle work situations. Guy trying to chat up a hot waitress.

Quote:
Andy "So Angelina, how are you?"
Angelina "Did you want something else?"
Andy "No. I just thought we could talk."
Angelina *Gives a fake smile, walks off.*
That's proper. She's there to serve customers, not get dates and flirt on the job. If they don't want to order something from her, she has no business with them. And it needs to be that way. She meet men when she's not working.

You need to do this with this guy. Be a professional and stop feeding his ego and focusing on him. Meanwhile, hook up with some single guys ya don't work with.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Yeah VC nailed it.

I would just ignore him.

It's common sense now. You live and you learn. I won't make that mistake again. I could swear he was the nicest guy and charming and interesting.

Now he's just a butthead. I'm going to focus on my work and ignore him. Never, ever again.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well hard to do with a co-worker. This is why you don't bring romance into the office lol She said she wanted to pretend he doesn't exist, but you don't have that option at work. Now she's pissed and bringing the spite to work. A situation that was easily avoidable.

So OP, you need to stay professional, where you should have in the 1st place, especially since you had a crush on him. He's married. And you work together. Talk to him about work. That's it. if he starts trying to flirt, or touching you, tell him it makes you uncomfortable and that it's not professional. If tries to make small talk, you tell him you have no personal business with him--only work business.

A good way to handle work situations. Guy trying to chat up a hot waitress.

That's proper. She's there to serve customers, not get dates and flirt on the job. If they don't want to order something from her, she has no business with them. And it needs to be that way. She meet men when she's not working.

You need to do this with this guy. Be a professional and stop feeding his ego and focusing on him. Meanwhile, hook up with some single guys ya don't work with.

Yeah, thank you. I feel so silly, stupid and embarrassed. I know better now. He's a jerk and I was stupid for thinking we could be pals.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
You're messing around with a married man, Of course we're going to judge you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
Please do not judge, or be mean.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
You're messing around with a married man, Of course we're going to judge you.
Yep
She is just trying to make her better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships