Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:21 PM

166 posts, read 244,266 times

Advertisements

A report now finds that well over 42% people on Tinder are already in a relationship!
Who would have thought it?
Can we say an App for Cheaters?

I have never tried it, and don't know anyone who has, but can anyone here validate this report?

Do tell...

42% of people using dating app Tinder already have a partner, claims report | Technology | The Guardian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 08:38 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Ive never tried any dating apps or online dating websites, but I'm not surprised. I'm sure Tinder isn't the only app used for cheating, or for getting free pizza, Lol

Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
It's not Tinder...it's the people. Can't really say I'm surprised....lot of sucky people in the world.

I've never done OLD and probably never will. It's not that serious to me.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:56 PM

195 posts, read 246,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
A report now finds that well over 42% people on Tinder are already in a relationship!
I'm sure the definition of "in a relationship" is fairly broad.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:48 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
This would be the people in a realtionship but unhappy and testing the waters.
Most people do this. Regardless of what method they use.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:44 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
A few years ago on my local news station, the question of the day was "what do 1/3 of all people on online dating sites have in common?" The answer was "they are already married."

You want to see the prevalence of married people looking to cheat, read the personal's section of Craigslist. It's not that uncommon. That's actually what I do when I want to feel better about being single - at least I'm not with a d*****bag asshat!

Old 05-08-2015, 08:58 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
Here's how to spot a man who's already married on a dating site:

- Most of the time, they have no picture of themselves public. Only artwork or pics of their body, no face. To hide their identity.
- Many claim to be 'separated' (a BIG one here.. it gets them a way out, an excuse if you ever find out they're married/still living with their spouse.)
- Most put they are NOT looking for a commitment or relationship of any kind. They 'want to date but nothing serious.'
- They set their profile to invisible or friends only.
- They list their home as one town, but after talking to them they tell you they live somewhere else. OR they list their age as one thing, but after talking to them they tell you that it was a 'mistake' and they aren't that age. OR they say they have blonde hair, when you see a pic of them, it's black. Etc. (Again, to hide their identity.)
- They write anywhere on their profile that they want to spoil a woman or that they just want a 'friend'.
- They only respond to you during the week and never ask you out on the weekends. They want to do "lunch" instead of "dinner". When the weekend comes, you barely hear a peep from them, but during the weekdays they want to text/call/chat you up constantly.

Basically, one of these signs alone doesn't point to a man being married, but if he has a few of these going on.. WATCH OUT. I date married men almost exclusively so I know how to spot them quickly.

Old 05-08-2015, 09:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
Who would have thought it?
Can we say an App for Cheaters?

I have never tried it, and don't know anyone who has, but can anyone here validate this report?

Do tell...

42% of people using dating app Tinder already have a partner, claims report | Technology | The Guardian
And you're suprised by this? I would think there's probably a lot of dudes on dating sites already in realtionships looking for a side chick. People didn't just start cheating yesterday, the internet probably has only made it easier.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And you're suprised by this? I would think there's probably a lot of dudes on dating sites already in realtionships looking for a side chick. People didn't just start cheating yesterday, the internet probably has only made it easier.
Internet makes it a ton easier to cheat. You can test the waters on Facebook tracking down old high school flames. I know a couple of women who did that when they became overwhelmingly unhappy in their marriage. The women got what they wanted too, sex with that old flame with divorce to follow.

There's too many opportunities available to remain unhappy in a loveless marriage anymore. The want to be relatively equal in a relationship is greater than ever, and I'm not strictly talking about income and education level either. The household duties, amongst many other things, need to be balanced. There's no more husband works and that's it. The wife generally works now too, so "gender roles" have evolved.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:25 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Internet makes it a ton easier to cheat. You can test the waters on Facebook tracking down old high school flames. I know a couple of women who did that when they became overwhelmingly unhappy in their marriage. The women got what they wanted too, sex with that old flame with divorce to follow.

There's too many opportunities available to remain unhappy in a loveless marriage anymore. The want to be relatively equal in a relationship is greater than ever, and I'm not strictly talking about income and education level either. The household duties, amongst many other things, need to be balanced. There's no more husband works and that's it. The wife generally works now too, so "gender roles" have evolved.
Until women start asking men out equal to the amount that men do, than I highly doubt that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships