Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 11:40 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your absolutely right. I just don't think she did anything wrong, at least from her post. Except the fact that she seem's so upset by it.

I go with the rule that if you show the girls you wear something more conservative on the bottom. Short skirt? Cover the girls.
I don't think she did anything wrong - but maybe she did something wrong for her. If she is the type to get attached easily, then she probably needs to hold back on the kissing and hand holding for a bit.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the way that she dresses nor am I saying that she should change her style. I'm simply saying that her style might not appeal to people who are more conservative. Maybe that's a good thing. I like to show the girls but my style sense is more "classic" than trendy or showy.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:49 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't think she did anything wrong - but maybe she did something wrong for her. If she is the type to get attached easily, then she probably needs to hold back on the kissing and hand holding for a bit.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the way that she dresses nor am I saying that she should change her style. I'm simply saying that her style might not appeal to people who are more conservative. Maybe that's a good thing. I like to show the girls but my style sense is more "classic" than trendy or showy.
This sums it all up well. And we've seen from her earlier thread that she does have a tendency to get attached easily, when things seem to be clicking with the guy. Her OP here was almost a word-for-word replay of her earlier OP.

In all fairness, though, I can see to some extent why the OP is frustrated. It's hard to find someone you click with, and when she does, the clicking turns out to be ephemeral, not based on anything solid from the guy's perspective. The only thing to do is to keep looking for a good match, and to go about it sadder but wiser--a little more savvy next time.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:53 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I have a good friend who would get attached very easily. I told her that her heart is a gift, she should guard it, and only share it when she knows the other person will guard it too. It's not something to be given lightly. Or something like that...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-09-2015, 11:53 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
I'm not changing my clothing style. One could see I have large breasts regardless of what I wear and I only wear blazers on interviews or important meetings. I wore a basic V neck shirt from H&M and a skirt from the Gap. I think that's pretty classic. Very few pieces in my wardrobe are actually trendy. In any case, a very conservative man isn't someone I would even date. On our 2nd date, I wore something you would see most women wear when hiking. Loose shorts, a tank top, and tennis shoes.

But no, I'm not wearing a blazer on a date LOL. If you like blazers, go for it. I definitely dress very feminine and I actually rarely wear pants (does that make me a slu*?) because I feel dresses and skirts are much more flattering on my body and definitely more comfortable. I love sundresses, pencil skirts (dear g-d they show my hips!), floral dresses, and cardigan sweaters.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:54 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times
Quote:
I have a good friend who would get attached very easily. I told her that her heart is a gift, she should guard it, and only share it when she knows the other person will guard it too. It's not something to be given lightly. Or something like that...
I'm definitely someone who wears my heart on my sleeve which I wish weren't true. To me, if it feels right, it feels right. I go with my gut/fupa.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:57 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I'm definitely someone who wears my heart on my sleeve which I wish weren't true. To me, if it feels right, it feels right. I go with my gut/fupa.
Well, I love my friend for that trait, though she gets hurt a lot. I don't think it's a bad thing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-09-2015, 11:59 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I'm not changing my clothing style. One could see I have large breasts regardless of what I wear and I only wear blazers on interviews or important meetings. I wore a basic V neck shirt from H&M and a skirt from the Gap. I think that's pretty classic. Very few pieces in my wardrobe are actually trendy. In any case, a very conservative man isn't someone I would even date. On our 2nd date, I wore something you would see most women wear when hiking. Loose shorts, a tank top, and tennis shoes.

But no, I'm not wearing a blazer on a date LOL. If you like blazers, go for it. I definitely dress very feminine and I actually rarely wear pants (does that make me a slu*?) because I feel dresses and skirts are much more flattering on my body and definitely more comfortable. I love sundresses, pencil skirts (dear g-d they show my hips!), floral dresses, and cardigan sweaters.
You can dress however you want to dress. How you dress is an extension of who you are. I'm just going off of what you are wearing in your pic - extremely short shorts and a very small tank top. We had a poster on here who used to dress similarly and she had a guy comment on how he didn't think they were right for each other based on the way that she dressed. Since the guy that you dated said that the two of you were too different - I thought this might be a possible reason. But like I said - I'm not telling you to change how you dress or change who you are. And I never called you a sl*t or anything like that. I wear skirts all the time.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:00 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
I get that, but if he was interested in another woman, why would he go on 2 back to back dates with me, kiss me, hold my hand, etc.?? Is it the norm when not being exclusive to date more than 1 woman and kiss all of them?
Umm....yes, that actually is the norm.

It's natural to have some chemistry between people when things are very fresh and all you have to go off of is attraction and a few shared surface qualities, this definitely explains him holding your hand and kissing you. Once you get to spend more time with someone some of their finer qualities, tendencies, beliefs, and habits start shining through, it's at this time you start to fine tune the people you may be dating. Some people are overly picky, but that's their choice and we are free to date whomever we want.

I won't propose to know for sure, but it seems like your 2 years out of the dating game left you a little dreamy eyed, dating can be cruel and harsh, be thankful he replied at all.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:01 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,976,447 times
Quote:
Please...that's just too much.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
This is so well said!

OP, the point about the clothing was simply to say that maybe the guy had different taste or preferred a different body type. That's not your fault, and doesn't make you wrong in any way. It just means it may not have been a good match from that standpoint. But that's speculation, anyway. We don't know exactly what was going through his mind. All we know is that he felt you weren't his type. There are other guys out there whose type you will be, though. You just have to find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships