Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 12:41 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,808,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
She is. Now she's basically throwing a fit, with all the "I guess I'll just kiss EVERYbody now since apparently that's how it's done ..." teenage comments.

OP, I think your problem is that you are Looking For The One. If that is the case, you will not approach this process properly. You will come into every date thinking, "Are you the one? Are YOU the ONE????!!!"

As the dates progress, your expectations will be HIGH, as well as your emotional investment.

RELAX and take your time to get to know people. Kiss a few frogs and get over yourself.
I think you can look for the One and still relax and take your time getting to know people. Nothing wrong with looking for the One, I think we all are on some level.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:42 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Geeze, I learned decades ago that someone sleeping with you doesn't mean they really like you (neccesarily).

Do people post high school have to learn that kissing someone doesn't mean they are really into you now?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I think you can look for the One and still relax and take your time getting to know people. Nothing wrong with looking for the One, I think we all are on some level.
Most people probably are, but you don't lead with that. If she dropped it as a mission statement, her feelings would not get hurt after 2 dates.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:44 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
I doubt she's really gonna start kissing every guy she meets and being ****, she's clearly upset and just saying that out of frustration /disappointment, which I understand, we all say things we don't mean when we're upset.

C'mon the guy lead her on a little, kissing, holding hands as for me Id probably also think he's interested, I mean I'd also be aware there's a possibility Id never hear from him again, cause some guys just act like that. But honestly Im of the believe that kissing and hand holding should be reserved for people you're into. Now if the guy goes in for the kiss and the kiss is bad then I can maybe understand not hearing from him, but he kept kissing her on both dates, if he felt no chemistry why kiss her againf and again???
He didn't even sleep with her! Saying you want a serious relationship and then sleeping with somebody and than you dump them is leading somebody on. Telling somebody you're single when you're really not is leading somebody on. Kissing somebody and holding hands mean nothing. Do you know how many females I've kisssed that I didn't give a **** about?

Old 05-08-2015, 12:45 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
The kind of guys who go for me in the old way of not online dating are not usually the kind of guys I go for lol. I mean sometimes it happens but not often. I actually get rooster blocked a lot lmao. Anyway on me being too dramatic maybe. Like I said I'm intuitive and my gut said this was going to go somewhere. It's disappointing but I'll get over it in time. It's clear he never was that into me.
You've just encountered a smooth playa; they're very convincing at making you feel this way.

Ill regurgitate...never underestimate a man's determination when it comes to getting down your pants!

Old 05-08-2015, 12:51 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,669,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I don't want to lead you on.
I think people should realize the definition of leading someone on varies so much it's basically a meaningless phrase. To the OP, kissing is an indicator of interest. To me as a guy, kissing is just something fun to do on a date but doesn't really indicate any real interest. If the guy is a player, kissing means nothing.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
He didn't even sleep with her! Saying you want a serious relationship and then sleeping with somebody and than you dump them is leading somebody on. Telling somebody you're single when you're really not is leading somebody on. Kissing somebody and holding hands mean nothing. Do you know how many females I've kisssed that I didn't give a **** about?
I guess I have a totally different view of what leading someone on means, the things you've mentioned are not guys who lead you on but rather situations where the person is a complete *expletive*. As for you kissing countless women you don't care about, all I can say is just cause you did it doesn't make it right or mean that you didn't lead them on. I don't even understand why anybody would want to kiss someone they don't like!

Old 05-08-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I think people should realize the definition of leading someone on varies so much it's basically a meaningless phrase. To the OP, kissing is an indicator of interest. To me as a guy, kissing is just something fun to do on a date but doesn't really indicate any real interest. If the guy is a player, kissing means nothing.
Agreed! But just because a guy is a player doesn't mean he's not leading on the girl by kissing her, after all lots of time you don't find out the guy is a player until after the fact.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:56 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,850 times
His wife went out of town for a couple of days and he thought he'd have a little fun while she was gone. Happens all the time.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:56 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
I guess I have a totally different view of what leading someone on means, the things you've mentioned are not guys who lead you on but rather situations where the person is a complete *expletive*. As for you kissing countless women you don't care about, all I can say is just cause you did it doesn't make it right or mean that you didn't lead them on. I don't even understand why anybody would want to kiss someone they don't like!

A) Kissing is fun
B) Kissing is a good way to determine chemistry, sexual or otherwise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships