Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:44 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
Just saying this about myself embarrasses me because I would never date a man who I would describe like that!

Im relocating back to CA because I hate where I currently live with a passion and want to be near friends and family. For the first time in my life, I am moving with no job lined up. I've interviewed back in CA while living here but didn't get an offer. I have job leads but they are just that, leads (I'm pursuing them with guarded optimism).

I'm staying with my parents helping them pay off their mortgage until I get a job situated but I have no idea how long that will be.

I figure since I will be unemployed and just basically going to the beach, working out (got to get rid of that fupa), hiking, and playing with dogs that it's a great time to date since I will have a flexible schedule LMAO!

I wish I knew how to make a poll on here but I don't (not sure if you even can on CD), but would most men even give me a chance if they knew I was between jobs? If it makes a difference I didn't lose my job, but I resigned due to relocating.
You are relocating back to California and hope to be able to sustain yourself in the one of the highest cost of living states in the country? Sounds kind of lazy to move back with your folks because "you hate where you live"

And no, I don't think I'd consider dating a 30 year old woman who lives at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 PM

780 posts, read 678,136 times
Quote:
Hmmm Ali, you sound like you are deliberately trying to give me a hard time just to be "that" person, but I'm game.

I said they are cheap because none of my friends parents ever had them pay...

I'm resigning from my job in a few weeks when my lease is up. Had I quit already I would have been long gone by now.

Why would I not move back in with my parents when I am applying for jobs up to 2 hours away and could be called to work? It seems quite foolish to me to sign a brand new lease when I could get a job an hour away.

I think you did stalk my City Data posts which is totally okay with me.

Don't assume anything. You only make a.... well you know the drill. Don't want the CD mods to tell me that I just sent a troll post!

I think it's sad that you are rather judgmental. I will pray for you. Again a CD mod will probably remove that too.
What does being "that" person even mean? Lol

You are calling your parents a certain way because you compared them to your friend's parents? That's certainly a way to justify what is/isn't a standard in life...by comparing it to other people's life .

Your parents are just unbelievable! I can't believe they expected you to act like an adult and to pay for rent. How dare they not treat you like a helpless dependent child. Just ridiculous! </sarcasm>

You know, the same person who worked their butt off, providing you with food and shelter as you grew up. The same people who bought you toys and treats when they could have used that money to spend on themselves. That same "cheap" parents, right? Entitled much?

You can call me judgmental if that's how you perceive my post. You can think of me as anything you want, after all, you already called me "that" person

Thanks for your prayers! I really do hope you prayed for me. I love being thought of and prayed for

/End post on this thread

Don't worry, since I have nothing else better to do with my life, I'll just stalk you throughout your CD posting, since you are ok with it and all

Old 05-19-2015, 12:21 PM

432 posts, read 361,912 times
Quote:
Just saying this about myself embarrasses me because I would never date a man who I would describe like that!

Im relocating back to CA because I hate where I currently live with a passion and want to be near friends and family. For the first time in my life, I am moving with no job lined up. I've interviewed back in CA while living here but didn't get an offer. I have job leads but they are just that, leads (I'm pursuing them with guarded optimism).

I'm staying with my parents helping them pay off their mortgage until I get a job situated but I have no idea how long that will be.

I figure since I will be unemployed and just basically going to the beach, working out (got to get rid of that fupa), hiking, and playing with dogs that it's a great time to date since I will have a flexible schedule LMAO!

I wish I knew how to make a poll on here but I don't (not sure if you even can on CD), but would most men even give me a chance if they knew I was between jobs? If it makes a difference I didn't lose my job, but I resigned due to relocating.
You seem to be taking this very lightly. If I was in your situation, I would be rushing to get my stuff together. I would consider that unacceptable for me just because I know I can do much more than sit around the house all day. The point is, you're currently going nowhere in life. CURRENTLY...

Change that.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:23 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
You seem to be taking this very lightly. If I was in your situation, I would be rushing to get my stuff together. I would consider that unacceptable for me just because I know I can do much more than sit around the house all day. The point is, you're currently going nowhere in life. CURRENTLY...

Change that.
Huh? I still have a job. I'm leaving in a month.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:31 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,267,954 times
I wonder if women feel they have it easier in this department, because living with your parents is not frowned upon in women as much as it is in men

Old 05-21-2015, 02:37 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
I wonder if women feel they have it easier in this department, because living with your parents is not frowned upon in women as much as it is in men

"Some" women think this type of situation is just fine but many other women have been supporting themselves in their own homes and not relying on their parents since they were 16 years old and some a little younger than that, others left when they were 18 and never returned except to visit.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:31 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Sure, women might have it easier in that department just as we might have it easier in the looks department.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:40 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,267,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Sure, women might have it easier in that department just as we might have it easier in the looks department.
classic case of grass is greener
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships