Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:05 AM

3,350 posts, read 2,845,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
It’s basic biological drive for men to want to date younger females. I have little desire to chase women who are 40 plus.
I am calling BS on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:17 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,920,441 times
Quote:
It’s basic biological drive for men to want to date younger females. I have little desire to chase women who are 40 plus.

Horse Bleep.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:23 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,039 times
Knowing what you want, having realistic expectations and being reasonably picky is key to success in dating, but 136 dates and no 2nd dates? That's very extreme.

1) If she has gone on that many dates, she's probably not filtering her dates as much as she should

2) No matter how bad the candidate pool is, statistically speaking, at least some small percentage of those 136 dates should turn out decent and worthy of a 2nd date. Her expectations are probably out of whack (perhaps she wants a ring on the first date, who knows... I will not attempt to understand this silly woman).

She is doing it all wrong.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
Knowing what you want, having realistic expectations and being reasonably picky is key to success in dating, but 136 dates and no 2nd dates? That's very extreme.

1) If she has gone on that many dates, she's probably not filtering her dates as much as she should

2) No matter how bad the candidate pool is, statistically speaking, at least some small percentage of those 136 dates should turn out decent and worthy of a 2nd date. Her expectations are probably out of whack (perhaps she wants a ring on the first date, who knows... I will not attempt to understand this silly woman).

You're missing the common denominator. HER.

It is pretty clear SHE is the issue, which is why she'll never escape the problem, without a whole lot of self awareness and self improvement.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:42 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You're missing the common denominator. HER.

It is pretty clear SHE is the issue, which is why she'll never escape the problem, without a whole lot of self awareness and self improvement.
Read again.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Read again.

I read your post again, and you're blaming her screening, or her expectations being out of whack. It is bigger than that.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:34 AM

2,760 posts, read 2,226,853 times
Quote:
I think it's a biological drive for men to want to date women they find physically attractive. Unfortunately men find women less attractive the older they get. Same as women.

Both sexes prefer to date someone they find physically attractive. Again, the older we get the pool of men and women our age we find physically attractive shrinks. It's not that either sex wants youth, it's just the younger are attractive.

I've read some posts of older women finding it hard to find a suitable mate past a certain age even though they get a lot of dates, like the woman the OP is talking about. There's probably some truth in that those 136 guys she dated have aged horribly and become unattractive over time. It happens to both sexes.

Of course I do think there's something wrong about that woman meeting all those men and not giving any of them a second date besides the looks factor.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,209,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
136 men dodged a bullet.
That's what I'm thinking. She's certainly pretty. So there is something else going on. She probably throws red flags out left and right. Some people are constantly putting their foot in their mouth without realizing. Like the people who are obsessed with lifestyle and money, etc. and are constantly talking about it. These are the people that tend to end up being single and confused as to why nobody likes them.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:16 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,447,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is funny to me because I know someone who was doing OLD as a hobby, not actually expecting anything but blogging about her failures.
I went back on OKC last month so I could blog about my experience that contrary to popular belief not all women get flooded with messages just by throwing up a halfway decent picture.

Quote:
I have little desire to chase women who are 40 plus.
Then don't. *shrugs* It's really that simple. Chase who you want. Just because you don't find women over a certain age attractive doesn't mean ALL men feel that way, just like because I don't find redheads the least bit attractive doesn't mean ALL women shoot them down.

Quote:

She's looking for a unicorn. Someone who perfectly matches every single item on her checklist.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:19 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,192,652 times
Quote:
Who cares? That's not what the thread is about, and I'm sure women who are 40-plus don't care. I certainly don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships