Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:19 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

You saw him Friday and Saturday which is 2 days but you had 4 dates and you had sex with him after 2 days?
I cannot imagine why he is on the dating site for long periods of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Yes but I guess that wasn't the only line he fed me. He was also saying that he loved that I like kids so much (cause he has two) and that I'm so close to my family, and that I was one of the smartest women he's ever dated blah blah blah. And I fell for it!
Oh, dear. Well, there's still the off-chance that it was nothing, and that he's still into you. See what happens this week.

Wow, you really can't believe anyone these days. It's like, you have no way of knowing what's real, anymore. Yet another argument in favor of waiting 'til you get to know someone better before taking that plunge into their bed. He was getting impatient already, on the 3rd date, so he gave you that line. He still didn't score Fri. night, so he rushed a follow-up date for Saturday, to see what would happen. I wonder what he would have done if sex hadn't happened by Saturday. Would he have disappeared on you, and you would have been one of those posters who says, "We got along so great, he really liked me, then he just ghosted on me. I don't get it!" Sadder, but wiser, OP.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:22 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You saw him Friday and Saturday which is 2 days but you had 4 dates and you had sex with him after 2 days?
I cannot imagine why he is on the dating site for long periods of time.
I had 4 dates with him over the course of 2 weeks. The last two dates were Friday and Saturday

Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Yes but I logged on under a name that wouldn't use to browse or communicate with anyone. And if he was just logging in to see my activity he would've seen that I hadn't been on in 5 days the first time he logged on this afternoon, there would've been no need for him to log on again.

It appears he may have lied to you however, you log on with a completely different name to basically snoop and spy on him and it's okay?

The need for him to log in or not is not your concern. You are not exclusive, there was no specifics stated by him. What you thought he meant and what he meant apparantly are two different things, one being your assumption that he meant he was not looking for someone beyond you.
Until you had sex then all of that changed.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, dear. Well, there's still the off-chance that it was nothing, and that he's still into you. See what happens this week.

Wow, you really can't believe anyone these days. It's like, you have no way of knowing what's real, anymore. Yet another argument in favor of waiting 'til you get to know someone better before taking that plunge into their bed.
Yes I know but I'm just so put off right now, like why even bother texting me yesterday, you got what you wanted now leave me alone. If this really is the case.

He even remembered my birthday which I only briefly mentioned when we first met that I didnt even remember telling him that. So if he played me, ladies watch out cause this guy has skill like no other guy I've came across!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:25 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:

Wow, you really can't believe anyone these days. It's like, you have no way of knowing what's real, anymore. Yet another argument in favor of waiting 'til you get to know someone better before taking that plunge into their bed.

Only if you are childish enough to think that sex means they're committing to you, or even as I used to think in my naive 20s, that if someone sleeps with you they must really like you.

Accept it for what it is. Having some fun and checking out if there is sexual chemistry. Always best to do that before emotional attachment sets in anyway. The WORST thing in the world is falling for someone that you can't have a relationship with due to lack of sexual chemistry (I've tried, a living hell). That is FAR worse than having that chemistry and realizing the relationship won't go anywhere. No contest.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Yes but I logged on under a name that wouldn't use to browse or communicate with anyone. And if he was just logging in to see my activity he would've seen that I hadn't been on in 5 days the first time he logged on this afternoon, there would've been no need for him to log on again.

Irrelevant really. You're using it to snoop. Totally creepy.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Only if you are childish enough to think that sex means they're committing to you, or even as I used to think in my naive 20s, that if someone sleeps with you they must really like you.

Accept it for what it is. Having some fun and checking out if there is sexual chemistry. Always best to do that before emotional attachment sets in anyway. The WORST thing in the world is falling for someone that you can't have a relationship with due to lack of sexual chemistry (I've tried, a living hell). That is FAR worse than having that chemistry and realizing the relationship won't go anywhere. No contest.
The sexual chemistry was pretty good, especially on his end believe me! And no I don't think sleeping with someone means they're comitting to you, I just didn't imagine two days later he'd be looking for another conquest.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Wow, you really can't believe anyone these days. It's like, you have no way of knowing what's real, anymore. Yet another argument in favor of waiting 'til you get to know someone better before taking that plunge into their bed. He was getting impatient already, on the 3rd date, so he gave you that line. He still didn't score Fri. night, so he rushed a follow-up date for Saturday, to see what would happen. I wonder what he would have done if sex hadn't happened by Saturday. Would he have disappeared on you, and you would have been one of those posters who says, "We got along so great, he really liked me, then he just ghosted on me. I don't get it!" Sadder, but wiser, OP.
Good point! He actually asked to see me Saturday mid-dinner Friday night, so he actually didn't even know yet if he was gonna get sex Friday, but hey he probably figured he had both nights free so why not try.

Funny, I'm wondering the same thing, like if Saturday wouldn't have happened would he have still been on the site today? Who knows.

Technically he hasn't ghosted yet since he did text me yesterday, and we spoke throught text today as well. However if he does ghost at least I'll see it coming, and I sure as hell won't be initiating anymore texts to him, unless I find out by some odd chance that this whole thing today was really nothing.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
You barely know him. You had sex with him after only 4 dates. Now you're so insecure that you're stalking his online activity.

Learn from these mistakes and do it differently from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships