Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 06:14 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsforschool View Post
I have been in a relationship with this guy for 2 years and we have been friends for a year before that. He is 28 years old and I am 22 years old if that matters. I found his OkCupid account on his computer and he has been hitting on other girls. He claims he hasn't had sex or cheated on me but he lied about what he was doing on the account. He claims he has urges to have sex with other people but loves me. He claims that this is a need and that it is a deal breaker for us if I don't agree to those terms. I feel uncomfortable with him sleeping with other girls as he is not very good at communicating and he is very selfish at times. I need help making up my mind as I see him tomorrow here are my three options on how things will go.

1. we break up but I think I would have to cut him out of my life completely but please note I am very attached to him.

2. we take a break for a month and get back together and get it out of his system.

3. We remain monogamous. I agree to his terms but I probably won't be very happy about this arrangement and if we do this in the long term I want to be monogamous later.

If anyone can think of a middle ground that would be great. I don't want to lose him but I don't want to compromise myself for him.

Would you be OK having sex with other men....AND would your boyfriend be OK if you had other men? If you guys are both OK with that, you could be swingers or find a lifestyle that allows for an open relationship.

However, if he wants to fool around but doesn't want you to fool with other guys, he's a hypocrite and you need to leave him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 06:35 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,312 times
It would be completely pointless for you to stay at this point because it's very likely that he has already been doing this behind your back before you found out and the only reason he's talking about it now is cause you found out. But it's been going on already for who knows how long. At this point he's used goods so why would you even want to consider staying with him? I understand attachment due to being together a while but this is ridiculous.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
The fact that he already set up an account and started pursuing women behind your back should shut down any chance of this proposed arrangement working out.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:03 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
He wants to have sex with other people and tells you if you don't like it there's the door?

AND...you want to know if you should stay with this douche?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:07 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Lol. This is good.

Hes not your bf, OP...he's a pimp!

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 05-13-2015 at 07:38 AM..

Old 05-13-2015, 07:20 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
I had a gf like this many years ago. These folks don't change. They will continue to do this. This type is never satisfied.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:33 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

all your "options" translate to "I will let him treat me like garbage, but which way should i go about it"

cheers!
Spot on! 22, man what I'd give to be that age again and make smarter choices...

Old 05-13-2015, 07:43 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,297 times
Forget it. I would not compromise my needs for a cheater! Id dump him in a heartbeat with no regrets and definitely no attraction. Because what makes a guy who has sex with lots of other women, while hes in a relationship, attractive? Nothing! Hes a sleazeball. Dont you want better?

Old 05-13-2015, 07:53 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Forget it. I would not compromise my needs for a cheater! Id dump him in a heartbeat with no regrets and definitely no attraction. Because what makes a guy who has sex with lots of other women, while hes in a relationship, attractive? Nothing! Hes a sleazeball. Dont you want better?
Some people never experienced a good relationship and dont know what better is; it stems from their low self-esteem.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:59 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,989,065 times
I feel sorry for you, OP. The fact that you would even consider staying with this guy tells me that you really need to work on your self esteem and should probably seek therapy as soon as you dump him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships