Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:03 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times

Advertisements

If you dont want a lazy wife, then dont keep a lazy girlfriend.

What your girlfriend is doing is inconsiderate, selfish and repulsive. I would suggest you let her go. Does nothing all day while the house looks like a pigsty. Never cook, clean, has no interest of her own to be ambitious about. How did you let this last two years?

Since she wants to be a child, treat her like one. Cut off her allowance until she gets better grades and does her chores. I mean at this point you may as well just have a cat; they do the same thing, eat, sleep, sit while you do things for them.

You work too hard to have a partner who does nothing to help you out. Very inconsiderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 08:11 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You are being completely used by this chick. Are you that desperate that you let this woman use you like this. She must laugh at you every day. She obviously has no respect for you.
It sure seems that way to me, too.

OP, what do you see in this woman? Why is she worth keeping around? She sounds like a mooch who is just taking it easy because she can. Clearly she doesn't care if the house is a mess, because you will take care of it for her. She is walking all over you and you are letting her.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:35 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
She sounds like a child more than a girlfriend. Why do you keep paying for her school when she can't even be bothered to attend, or do her work? I don't think the person who stays home should be a slave cooking and cleaning all day, but it's only fair the person who is home more should do more chores. I would always have the house clean and make dinner to show appreciation to my SO if he supported us financially and paid for my education. Good grief. You've just been a sucker.

I would send her home to her mom and dad.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:46 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ditch her and get a gay boyfriend. Those guys LOVE to clean.

Don
Bwahaha, you'd be surprised...

Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 AM

125 posts, read 128,014 times
Wow I'm floored your footing the bill for this lazy do nothing loser? KICK HER ASS OUT. You have every right to support her if that's what you want but honey your being used. For future reasons you should live alone and if someone wants to live with you it should be a partnership.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:55 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorayah View Post
Hello there. I am a 22 year old guy that lives with his girlfriend in an apartment for 2 years now. In order to understand my point I'll give you some quick information about us. Feel free to skip to the bolded short version if you don't have the time to read.

After having a 1 year long relationship with my grielfriend we dicided to move in a place of our own and live together. I said that in order to do that atleast one of us will have to work so we can live without depending on our parents for everything. After 2 years I made a successfull leap in my profession and not only did we get independant but actually live in a pretty good financial situation. In order to achieve this however I have to work a full work day. Along with having my job I also go to university (barely managing it) and occasionally take on additional projects for extra cash. My girlfriend has an expensive private university but very rarely goes to it and often ignores it(while I pay for it) and when asked to do some house chores I have no time for (because of working or studying) she refuses and just lays on the sofa or bed all day chatting on facebook or other social networks and going out daily to hang out with someone. On top of all that she tends to be quite chaotic and our home is often filled with clothes everywhere, tons of unwashed dishes and very dirty surroundings.

In short: I have a full work day to provide for me and my girlfriend and also go to university along with that. With my income I pay for all the things my girlfriend wants and also her university she almost never goes to/studies for. When I ask her to do any chore in the house (clean, wash clothes, do the dishes, cook something) even very rarely she always refuses and acts offended. I am all for her using her time to study or work but she does not do any of that and just chats all day on facebook. Am I right to think this is not adequate of her?

I am far from the idea of wanting only a housewife that has no education or professional development - I support her in both of those. My problem is that she does not want to work or study and just chats or goes out with friends all day. If she spends her time only that way is it wrong of me to ask her to atleast do some house chores? If I am right then how do I ask her? I have tried both being nice and understanding and being more direct and commanding - she just ignores me. If she just keeps saying "no" there is no way I can really force her... so what do I do? How do I convice her she is not doing right by me?

Sorry for going full novel size on you but I couldn't explain my situation with fewer words. Also sorry for potential grammar errors - english is not my native language.
Let me guess, she hot.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Naw, she ain't somebody I would stay with, especially the not working part- I really don't know which is worse; not working, not going to school, or not cleaning. That's a love parents can barelly give, I don't know how you do it. I would talk to her, the longer it goes on, the worse it's going to be, and it's been two years already, you may just have to drop her lazy ass, because apparently, you're already doing it all yourself, and we can all do bad all by our selves, no reason for help with that.

Talk, and talk, and talk, and if she starts to get pissy, remove yoirself from what is about to be domestic violence, stop paying for her school, phone, internet, whatever- you aren't obligated.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
You are a 22 year old student and also and pay your girlfriend's college tuition? That seems likely.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:01 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
There seems to be a rise in the past few days of first-time college-age posters with this very same predicament of lazy, spongey girlfriends.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:36 AM

36,498 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You are a 22 year old student and also and pay your girlfriend's college tuition? That seems likely.
yep.

So let see, he met his gf when he was 19, been living together for 2 years. In that time he works a full time job “in his profession” takes on extra side jobs, goes to a university, supports himself and his gf, well I might add, and pays for her expensive private university tuition and she doesn’t even attend classes. Such an accomplishment at tender age of 22, especially for perhaps an immigrant or foreign exchange student ,being that English is not his native tongue. Ok.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships