Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 04:22 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,140,301 times

Advertisements

Spending quality time together is the best gift you can give and doesn't need to cost much. I'm also in the "experience" camp. My husband mentioned once in passing that when he was younger, he had really wanted to join the Air Force/learn to fly, but a shoulder injury seemed to have ended his chances of flying as a career. So for his birthday I got him a flying lesson (I went too!) followed by a craft beer tour with a couple of his friends. All of it was a total surprise to him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 05:38 PM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times
Does he ever work on his motorcycle? Or do the oil changes on his van? I just bought my boyfriend a use automotive lift for our garage. It cost me $700 for the rotary lift and then $240 to have someone haul it up to NH for us. My boyfriend was able to install the lift himself. I don't think that anyone will be able to top this present! Well... except I found the house with the giant garage in the back of it and made sure that we were able to buy it.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:40 PM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times
A motorcycle lift table is not all that expensive. Add to that a factory service manual for his particular bike and it's a hobby in the making. Or maybe he'd like some accessories to detail it.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:09 PM

315 posts, read 210,079 times
Hi -
We are in similar boats but your situation is more challenging.
My husband does love luxury but doesn't like it when I spend $ on him but he will submit - I just have to make sure to surprise him instead of expecting/hoping he will help me (plus the obvious of making sure to stay on budget so my extravagance doesn't cause any inconvenience).
he likes to pick out his own clothing but I have gotten him shirts and sweaters at high end stores that he still loves. Try Paul Stuart. If they are not in your city - you can order soemthing online. Pick a couple great fitting - great looking colors/looks for him. Have them wrapped or wrap them yourself and make sure he feels like a king. Take him on a weekend trip to somewhere nice you will both enjoy - and get him a suede jacket that is really ultra soft and nice. get him a pair of really nice fitting jeans to go with (substitute what you really would like to see him in) Or you can make him something extra special and delicious.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:05 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
As long as I get to pick the page in the Kama Sutra
There is an app for that! There is!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-01-2015, 09:56 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
I have only bought one gift for my lady. A cast iron Dutch oven, for her b day, two years ago. She wanted one really bad, . Every other meaningful gift for b day , Xmas and such, I made myself. Decorative things. She loves cool stuff she can put out for display. On the walls a d end tables etc. I made her a really fancy ceremonial spear to hang with her Franklin Mint American Indian plates, hammered the tip out of a pure silver ingot , fletched it with Peacock feathers, bright paint. She loves it.

The fact that she truly appreciated the things I make is all I ever want in return. I love seeing her face light up after I've worked hard on something for her. Don't know if that kind of thing works for you, but, it does for me.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I have only bought one gift for my lady. A cast iron Dutch oven, for her b day, two years ago. She wanted one really bad, . Every other meaningful gift for b day , Xmas and such, I made myself. Decorative things. She loves cool stuff she can put out for display. On the walls a d end tables etc. I made her a really fancy ceremonial spear to hang with her Franklin Mint American Indian plates, hammered the tip out of a pure silver ingot , fletched it with Peacock feathers, bright paint. She loves it.

The fact that she truly appreciated the things I make is all I ever want in return. I love seeing her face light up after I've worked hard on something for her. Don't know if that kind of thing works for you, but, it does for me.
Well yeah, you make cool things. I don't think hubby is going to appreciate my hand in washable paint on a card!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2015, 04:22 AM

9 posts, read 6,732 times
look, what about a pair of flip flops? As he doesn't like electronic stuff in general and you don't talk about his other hobbies, I think this could be a cool option. My sister gave me some personalized flip flop for my birthday last year and I really think they are pretty. She personalized them with a foto of us and wrote my name on them. This could be good for your husband, you could print a photo of both of you on the sole or even of his favourite team. He could use it after in the shower after the gym or when he walks around the house. Ma sister got them online so you don't even need to go to a shop. I think this is the link: Custom Logo Flip Flops for Companies, Weddings, Sport

Old 06-02-2015, 05:26 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,208,181 times
Yes ma'am. It's perfect for when the book is too cumbersome, and/or gets buried in the sheets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is an app for that! There is!

Old 06-03-2015, 01:41 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Every heterosexual man on the planet wants something like this. If he doesn't check his pulse for he may be dead:

http://www.amazon.com/NightHawk-Quad...s=camera+drone
I am a woman and I want that immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships