Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2015, 09:49 PM

105 posts, read 67,489 times

Advertisements

Stop assuming I am desperate because I'm not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
why so desperate? get a cat or a dog if you desire company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 09:58 PM

I'm not being dense everyone keeps saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record. Some people are even telling me it's ok to use him for sex. All I'm saying is that I'd like to meet him in person. Just to see if it's at all possible for us to be friends. YES I know he said that he only wants sex I get that no need to keep saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
Didn't have time to read this entire thread --in part because you came here looking for advice but already made up tur mind about what you want to do. Are you really 28? I have a hard time believing a 28 year old could be so dense.

I am not insulting you. It just seems like you keep asking the same question and wanting a different response despite all evidence pointing to the fact that this man has no regard for you and doesn't even like you. If you want to use him for sex, then by all means do that (if he is complicit). However, the man already said that he doesn't care for you.... so how then can he be your friend?

Have some self respect. You are better than that.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:28 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimx29 View Post
I'm not being dense everyone keeps saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record. Some people are even telling me it's ok to use him for sex. All I'm saying is that I'd like to meet him in person. Just to see if it's at all possible for us to be friends. YES I know he said that he only wants sex I get that no need to keep saying it.
I am sorry the responses have been so negative. I understand that you wish to discuss what is best to do. But when a person tells you something negative, it's best to believe them. It may feel you can dismiss what he told you, thinking he'll change his mind. But his attitude is pretty strong and a red flag.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
No I'm not doing it in an email that's the problem with technology. People no longer talk face to face they would rather hide behind a computer I've done that for a year and I'm not doing it anymore. I am not going to lead him on anymore I already said I am going to be completely honest with him.

Nevermind.

Last edited by CSD610; 05-16-2015 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Wasted words.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:44 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
I expect to get these responses I knew people would call me crazy. A few didn't though everyone has their opinion which I respect. Calling me names thinking that I'm stupid just because I want to meet him is a little harsh.
Choosing to ignore what "is" for what "could be..maybe, if he comes around like I wish he would" IS stupid.

It's wish fulfillment bubble gum candy dreams of a mind that isn't allowing itself to process the reality of their situation.

Why is this mans supposed friendship so important that you would purposefully give him fuel for his personal Fire?

What you have said vs what you are doing doesn't add up. It isn't painting the picture of someone who doesn't have As together as they want to believe they do.

The reality is, once you are their and in the moment you have already taken the steps to justify your reasonings for doing what you do...nothing anyone here could tell you will even matter, you have your mind made up already.

I hope it all works out for you, the way you believe it should.

There isn't much more to say.

Be safe.

Last edited by rego00123; 05-17-2015 at 01:53 AM..

Old 05-17-2015, 06:14 AM

People assume just because I meet him I will have sex with him which isn't the case. There are so many people who meet in person after meeting online. Yes it is taking a risk and bad things do happen. That's why it's important to to meet in a public place where other people are around not somewhere alone.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:19 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
People assume just because I meet him I will have sex with him which isn't the case. There are so many people who meet in person after meeting online. Yes it is taking a risk and bad things do happen. That's why it's important to to meet in a public place where other people are around not somewhere alone.

You listen here about as well as you listen to him.

You have already decided to go and meet him.
You decided that before you started the thread.
You reallydid not wanting advice, you were wanting everyone to tell you it is just fine to go and meet a stranger (which you did not get)

At this point your credibility is questionable in regards to this situation, you are not heeding any advice that has been given but you have come up with plenty of reasons and excuses to justify your decision.

So carry on, it is ultimately your life, your choice and your mistakes to make or not and meeting in public is no guarantee of safety.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:23 AM

I noticed everyone only focuses on the negative things I say. I mentioned that he said we would talk but no one said anything about that. People tend to enjoy negative more than positive anyway that's life.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 AM

So why do people meet in a public place if it isn't safe? I take it no one has ever heard of this? Yes I do listen to him but he says different things. One minute he says one thing the next it's something different. I will be in town anyway what harm can it hurt by saying hello and carry on? Nothing.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:12 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Well, what do you know about this man in 1 year of online chat? How do you tell he's determine and hardworking online? I suppose he is an attractive looking man that you desire him so much, or at least want to keep a pointless friendship with him, even if he has no regards for you.

You're getting negative responses because you believe there's more to what his feelings about you, than what the posters here read. We don't know all the details or what you argued before, nor can we tell if you meeting him will change anything at all. But according to your OP, it is quite clear he's not looking friendship with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships