Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 04:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turps89 View Post
What and be friendzoned when i want more, sometimes being friends ain't good enough.
Too bad. Just because you want someone, that doesn't mean you're entitled to have her. Women don't owe you dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 04:19 PM

14 posts, read 10,925 times
Primarily i wanted to know what she meant by 'you can just feel if it works or not' if you haven't been out on dates to see if there was a connection how can someone say that? like i said if we went for a drink and there wasn't any chemistry for her then i would probably understand.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:25 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Primarily i wanted to know what she meant by 'you can just feel if it works or not' if you haven't been out on dates to see if there was a connection how can someone say that? like i said if we went for a drink and there wasn't any chemistry for her then i would probably understand.
She knew enough about you from being around you at work that she didn't want to go out romantically.

That's it. Some people are not a match. You move on to the next one.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:32 PM

Possibly true, but people are different outside of work, you see different sides of people when they ain't in the stress of work, so they see different attributes in the personality.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:47 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Except that she knows enough about you from your interactions to not want anything further, or she doesn't date people from work. Either way, you accept her decision and get on with your life.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:48 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
She knew enough about you from being around you at work that she didn't want to go out romantically.

That's it. Some people are not a match. You move on to the next one.
Exactly.
Plus, SHE is smart enough to know that you do not date people from work.

Move on, OP.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:07 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Actually, that's not the part that threw me. I thought her riff on "standards" was odd and irrelevant. But aside from that, she was fairly clear with you. She doesn't see you as a romantic prospect, that's all. Pretty straightforward. She shouldn't have to dissect it for you. Sorry, OP. Lick your wounds, and move on.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovadoStyle View Post
You added sexually. Not him. This is indicative a very toxic mindset.

He expressed feelings for her. Not her body. Not a desire to bang her. He told her "I like you," not "I want to bang you." There is absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting to "be friends" with someone you have romantic feelings for that doesn't reciprocate. In fact, that can be a very unhealthy relationship.

It's sad that he has to be shamed for it, but that's today's toxic mindset many women have.
ROFL

OK, new person. Welcome to the forum.

Guess what ... OP said in his first post he found her "attractive." And guess what kind of "attraction" he had for her?

It's the only thing that separates "friends" from "romance."

Old 05-16-2015, 06:02 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovadoStyle View Post
haha yeah.....pretty thin. I feel bad that's the first place you go to. It's pretty obvious he liked her. But go on, shame shame shame.
Yeah, it's true, he said he was attracted by her personality, as he got to know her at work. Kudos to the OP. But Wmsn's point was that he's only interested in her if she want's to be his gf, not if she wants to be a friend. And we all know what being a gf entails. In other words, he wasn't interested in adding a great personality to his roster of friends; he couldn't value her just for that.

Though I can sympathize with the OP. That can be difficult for some people to do; it's like--every time you see your (ex-) love interest, you're reminded of your disappointment. You're reminded of that rejection.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:17 PM

You're basically saying I think she's worthless. Even if you just say hello, any glint of communication can give you false hope she will change her mind, it won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships