Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 03:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

Never mind that it is 7 months after the fact. Nothing is going to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 03:39 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
That's the problem. I don't want to get my heart broken again if she finds someone else.
If you hook up with her again, you are probably guaranteeing that

Old 12-21-2015, 04:15 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
If you hook up with her again, you are probably guaranteeing that
Not "probably". He is guaranteeing it!

Old 12-21-2015, 07:22 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,331,295 times
Have some self respect and throw out that trash.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:55 PM

216 posts, read 212,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
So within 4 months:

she was dated you
broke up with you
got engaged with someone else
broke up the engagement
And now holding hands with you in Applebee's.

Crazy woman!
I don't know if I'd say crazy but clearly she has her troubles. I agree with what another poster said about it being an error for the OP to have held hands and kissed.

Now, if this was a situation of someone the OP dated a short while and it was now years later. I'd be saying it's probably something he should pursue.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 566 times
Default Walk away

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
A woman who dated me for three months broke up with me in February to get back with someone whom she dated before she met me. Not only did she break up with me, but she even said that she didn't want us to even see each other again. They were engaged within a month after they got back together. A few days ago, they broke up the engagement. She contacted me on Facebook messenger on Friday morning, because she misses me and wanted to meet me. I decided to meet her at Applebees on Friday night. I was on the impression that we would be friends. But she held my hand and we later kissed a few times that night. Should I get back together with her?

Dude. You are not a toggle to turn off or on. You are not plan B.
PLEASE just move on. If she can have a change of heart quickly then she can do this again.
She doesn't seem to be stable. She seems to react to whatever or whoever fits the situation.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:29 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
She'll just use you temporarily, till she meets someone else. Some people just can't stand to be alone. Don't do it.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:27 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Life is a learning ground, and if you miss a lesson, you get it again in a different way. Our job is to go to school and learn our lessons well the first time so we have time for many more to be crammed into our lifetime. Look at the whole thing from a higher perspective, like you are standing on a hill, or like you are answering someone else who has asked the question you have. What would you say?

Is this TYPE of person the one you want to end up with? Is she going to make you happy waking up next to her each morning? Is the sex wild, and varied? What would she have to do to be the person you need in your life right now?

I think you know, deep down, the answer to your question, so just go with that answer and do not look back - because you cannot go back.

As I see it, it is like you have been given a lecture, so you know what you should do, but now you want to bang your hear against the brick wall to force the information in there in a painful way.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:01 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
agree to go out
hit it a few times
dump her

don't get serious with her again, you are in between guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships