Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:33 PM

757 posts, read 1,102,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's something to be said for the blunt truth. Sometimes it's just the ticket.
It's summer time.

The warm weather brings back fond memories of my previous relationship. It's a little hard to function during these times since i'm not going to be able to spend it with her. The day can be as beautiful as can be and it still makes me depressed. Kind of wish summer was over, even though it hasn't begun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 02:36 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Get a job.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:43 PM

757 posts, read 1,102,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Per OP, all the ladies in NYC are only interested in one night stands hook-ups, etc. It's sodom and gomorrah over here in NYC. OP is the only innocent one.
I'm not the only innocent one, but i sure as hell don't like partaking in any of that stuff. Majority of the people I grew up with, people I know, people who are my age, do all the nonsense I continuously rant about. I'm not a saint, but I just can't relate to a lot of people my age. I've been through enough and seen enough for me to put all of that stuff away early, i'm not about that and I never was. You ever walk into a crowded room and feel like you're the only one in there? That's how I feel in any crowded environment.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:51 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
You make a good point here.

But these are normally the places people here go to to unwind. I don't like clubs whatsoever they're too loud and most of the people are obnoxious. A quiet dimly lit bar seems like a nice place to hang, but I should definitely try other places. I'm not exactly looking for a model, i'm not a fan of tons of make-up and designer heels, but I do want a woman I am attracted to both physically and mentally.
Lots of activities to choose from, in NYC. Art gallery exhibit openings, for the unwind-after-work-and-take-in-some-art crowd. (Some kind of refreshments are usually involved.) Hiking groups. Foreign affairs organizations that offer lectures. Sister City committees. Cooking classes. Gardening seminars, if you're into that (offered at some plant stores). Yoga classes, or tai chi/chi gong classes. Travel seminars (offered by travel bookstores and/or outdoor recreation stores). Photography or art classes. Volunteering (endless list of options: for arts orgs, film festivals, enviro or political action orgs, Habitat for Humanity (you'd be surprised how many women are into this), the local symphony, etc.) Join a choir (I'm not talking: church). Go folk dancing or salsa dancing.

Your local paper may have a page once/week that lists all the local groups looking for volunteers. Pick a couple of options that suit your interests, or try something completely new, just for the heck of it.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:09 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Per OP, all the ladies in NYC are only interested in one night stands hook-ups, etc. It's sodom and gomorrah over here in NYC. OP is the only innocent one.
I'm not buying it. He knows, there's a lot of good women for him in NYC. He's just butthurt and angry about the breakup (which is understandable). I also believe, he doesn't want to put in the effort in finding someone again, so it's much easier to make up excuses i.e like how a lot all the women there are "scrapyard hoes" not worth pursuing

He just needs some time to reflect and heal from his last relationship. He needs to learn what went wrong and address those issues before even thinking about dating again.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
When you say "8" you talking about just looks or overall quality of the woman? Are you trying to say that a woman that is a "10" in looks makes her decent? Because from what you're saying it sounds like the least attractive she is the more likely she isn't decent.
From my experience women in NYC who are average in looks and quality tend to be very shallow. Also they don't not go for decent guys, and also stuck in a vicious cycle of in and out of men in their lives. Most of these women go for the guys like that for the wrong reasons, like he is good looking cute, very attractive, but they don't get to know him on a persona level. Not all women are like this but I can say about 2/3 of women in NYC are like this. 10s do not exist in NYC, a 9 or a 8 will probably be less shallow than a woman who is below an 8. To be honest plenty of really, really hot women in NYC who are single and don't have no one because they are really beautiful, generally men want to avoid hot women because of the assumption of high maintenance. I know group of models all single and beautiful and no men in their lives except a one night stand here or there. What I find amazing about NYC is the average women or below average. How can you be 5 foot 1 and want a man that is 6 2 in height, or have 250 pounds and want a man that is slim or ripped, or you have 3 kids already but wants a man that has no kids? Surprisingly these women will get men on their plate. This is the reason why on a subconscious and on a conscious level of attraction in NYC I'm very careful with woman and I have to let a woman know if she finds me attractive, and what she does and don't like about my physically. However if I say negative about anything relating to her I'd be labled as a jerk, creep and shallow.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:21 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
From my experience women in NYC who are average in looks and quality tend to be very shallow. Also they don't not go for decent guys, and also stuck in a vicious cycle of in and out of men in their lives. Most of these women go for the guys like that for the wrong reasons, like he is good looking cute, very attractive, but they don't get to know him on a persona level. Not all women are like this but I can say about 2/3 of women in NYC are like this. 10s do not exist in NYC, a 9 or a 8 will probably be less shallow than a woman who is below an 8. To be honest plenty of really, really hot women in NYC who are single and don't have no one because they are really beautiful, generally men want to avoid hot women because of the assumption of high maintenance. I know group of models all single and beautiful and no men in their lives except a one night stand here or there. What I find amazing about NYC is the average women or below average. How can you be 5 foot 1 and want a man that is 6 2 in height, or have 250 pounds and want a man that is slim or ripped, or you have 3 kids already but wants a man that has no kids? Surprisingly these women will get men on their plate. This is the reason why on a subconscious and on a conscious level of attraction in NYC I'm very careful with woman and I have to let a woman know if she finds me attractive, and what she does and don't like about my physically. However if I say negative about anything relating to her I'd be labled as a jerk, creep and shallow.
That's not exclusive to NYC. That type of thing is true everywhere in the US.

So, you're telling us that NYC women are either plain but shallow, or gorgeous and deep? What about the LTR vs. quick fling issue?

Old 05-25-2015, 09:23 PM

720 posts, read 500,385 times
I bet the problem with a large metropolitan area like NYC is that there are probably too many options. You have thousands of people moving there every year for school, for work, to get a career off the ground. Everyone has a hustle. It's probably easier for many people in NYC to have casual relationships because their focus is primarily on making a living and getting ahead in their careers.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
From what I've read, there are way more single women in NYC, than single men. You're 25, and the women your age aren't really ready to settle down. They want to play around. But in few years, they'll want to settle down and land a husband. Then they'll get interested in you fast. The only thing you have to figure out then is do you really want one with that many miles on them. Face it, according to a survey I read, women in NYC have many more sexual partners on average than women in most US cities. But that's your dating pool and you said you're not moving, so you're stuck with the situation as it is.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
From what I've read, there are way more single women in NYC, than single men. You're 25, and the women your age aren't really ready to settle down. They want to play around. But in few years, they'll want to settle down and land a husband. Then they'll get interested in you fast. The only thing you have to figure out then is do you really want one with that many miles on them. Face it, according to a survey I read, women in NYC have many more sexual partners on average than women in most US cities. But that's your dating pool and you said you're not moving, so you're stuck with the situation as it is.
This is wrong. NYC has more single men than single women. Single men out number single women here especially when women are young. When women get older past 30s and 40s women become more single. Also men have shorter life span than women as well which contribute to higher rate of single women than men in later ages. Women want to settle down here but when that's all said and done, some women have 2-3 kids from different men, while some others are passed their biological clocks. THen these women ask where did the good, nice decent men go? Flash forward 10 years ago and what where you doing and dating in NYC? A hot goy, bad boy, a guy that lived in an different underprivileged neighborhood and so on. Where did the decent guy go? These guys are chasing young women, or overseas looking for wives or messing around in Thailand.

Where There Are More Single Men Than Women - CityLab
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships