Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:16 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times

Advertisements

Well.... we know that the one that I left behind is all about money. During all of the years of our marriage, he had broken so many things of mine.

Now these were things that could not ever be replaced. Not in a million years, but to go back before they were broken, could they be replaced.

For no reason he would break things of mine left to me by my parents. Things my mother made. Things he knew were so very important to me.

I believe he did those things out of pure spite and meanness.

Knowing they could never ever be replaced, knowing that they meant so much.

Things my mother crafted with her hands. He would also just be going through things I would have stored, and start throwing them. Crash, Bam... boom... broken glass everywhere.

I never did anything with any of his possesions. Actually, when I was leaving, I really did not know if he wanted to keep certain things given to him by myself, so I just layed them on the couch. The only thing he asked to keep were pictures.

Family pictures, I left them for him.

I have some here, but they are not displayed.

Not a thing against anyone who has destroyed something, only the feeling of seeing things of my own, which meant so very much, and could never be replaced smashing against the wall, smashing to the ground.

These things like tires, guitars, etc.. they can be replaced... but something a parent made, and that parent having passed away... it is heartbreaking.

In that,...... I could have never destroyed anything of his... his most prized possession...

That redneck truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 AM

672 posts, read 2,124,827 times
Although I didn't destroy anything of hers during or after our divorce, I did think of something that I think is funny. This is kinda off-topic, so please bear with me. When we were married, a buddy of mine, and myself had gotton off work one afternoon, and had started home. We decided to grab a six pack of beer, and have a couple on the way home. (Illegal I know). Halfway home, we realized it was Valentines day, and neither of us had gotton our wifes anything. We stopped at a dept. store and got some scaggily looking flowers they had, and also each got a big box of the exact same kind of candy. All went well with that, as both our wifes realized we were both working a lot of hours at the time. About three days later, I noticed an article in the paper where this candy company had had a huge re-call on the exact candy we had bought. I mean, they were recalling ALL of it because something was supposed to be wrong with it. I showed the article to my friend, and we both agreed to just not say anything. He is now divorced from his wife too, and we still laugh about that from time to time.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:40 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Oh my god, I'm fixing to get married, and you girls are SCARING the hell out of me!!!
I know!!! But I would never do anything like that to any of my exes. Just leaving them behind was good enough for me. And I would never stay in a bad relationship long enough to build up that kind of hate.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 AM

320 posts, read 954,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I did a few things like that when my ex left a few things here.

He begged me for this painting that was SO special to him. I took it too work and left it there, I worked for a company at the time that was security card access only, I put it behind my file cabinets.

I shredded his photo collection of his extensive travels including the negatives. It was VERY satisfying.

that was very very mean of you regardless of what he did , you should have given it back to him....you are NOT the better person here...sorry...you posted i had to reply to this. My ex did so much bad to me but i treated him with kindness ...after a while he literally called me and apoligized for being such a jerk to me...kill him with kindness

Old 01-20-2008, 11:25 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
There is a SWEET justice in doing something destructive to something that belongs to someone who values material things more than human beings who love him.

I'll never forget how good it sounded when I flattened the tires on my ex's car----- so satisfying that I did all four of them.

Spiteful and vindictive are strong words but I can say this- if I was spiteful and vindictive for wrecking something of his, what names would you call him after cheating on me, beating me, emotionally abusing me, and thinking every moment of it was amusing?

Congrats, Dreams! I'm proud of you.
Yes- and there was emotional abuse involved, as my friends here know. Robyn, you should have put sugar in TJ's transmission. My money paid for those things- he rode my coat tails.

Also instant karma will be visiting him- this is his 3rd divorce, and he had to be taken to court ten years ago to pay child support by his first wife (his son is 22 now-) . We are not talking avbout Mr Nice Guy here.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 01-20-2008 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 01-20-2008, 11:51 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
that was very very mean of you regardless of what he did , you should have given it back to him....you are NOT the better person here...sorry...you posted i had to reply to this. My ex did so much bad to me but i treated him with kindness ...after a while he literally called me and apoligized for being such a jerk to me...kill him with kindness
I'm sorry, I won't go into the details here but he is lucky ALL I did was throw out his precious pictures and keep his wonderful painting (which I plan on selling on Ebay one day).

I don't look at things and ask myself what I have to do to be the so called BETTER person. I simply did what I wanted to. Don't abuse me, use me and then expect me to treat you nicely, it just doesn't work that way.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:53 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
I agree- what goes around comes around. In my case, he never thought there would be payback time.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I agree- what goes around comes around. In my case, he never thought there would be payback time.
Mine didn't see it coming either. I was able to hack into his email and found all kinds of things, he got off easy as far as I am concerned.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:59 PM

320 posts, read 954,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Mine didn't see it coming either. I was able to hack into his email and found all kinds of things, he got off easy as far as I am concerned.
to each his own i guess....i have been in really bad relationships as well but i never repayed evil for evil...yeah he was a jerk ..you don't got to be a jerk back...its just my opinion....vengence is not ours...but oh well that's how you want to be thats how you are going to be...good luck in your future relationships (this post is NOT meant to offend you in ANY way)

Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinaClone View Post
Isn't is just easier to let go and wish someone well. (Did he leave you in debt because you sound angry? ) Seems healthier...for the healthier, well educated and mature mind. JMO!
Wish him well?
I don't think so.
I wouldn't pour water on him if he was on fire and he has been gone for 6 years now.
Life is so much better without him, I rarely think of him unless I read something like this post.

If you want to heap coals of fire on their head then of course that is your way of dealing with it. Too me, that means I am saying its OK to treat me like a door mat AND thats NOT ok with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships