Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 05:20 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissie2010 View Post
When dating someone, an individuals age is something that most people would find rather important. For others, not so much. Personally, I prefer someone within the same age group as myself. In my relationship, my boyfriend and I are only three weeks apart. We graduated high school together, got our drivers licenses together, etc. However, that's not the case for all people. I have heard of many situations in which the age gap between partners may seem pretty drastic- but works. For example, I know a couple who is 17 years apart, (now ages 43 & 60) and they have been happily married for 11 years. Of course they are both adults and have their lives figured out but you get my point. Should age be considered a factor? Or does it just matter more along the lines of where the individual is in his or her life?

What do you think?

What are your thoughts? Please feel free to share!
My preference is younger guys. For as long as I can remember, I've always felt too old for whoever I was interested in. In 6th grade, I liked a 4th grader. When I was 16, I liked a 14 year old. When I was 20, I liked an 18 year old. My first kiss was with a guy two years younger. The guy who I dated longest was four years younger. The guy who I liked the most was six years younger. It just never stops! I have tried to date older so I can be the younger one, but I prefer the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I never understood the appeal of driving a standard. Seems antiquated.
In a truck, like I have, a standard is very useful, especially low 'granny' gear when you need to pull something heavy.

In sports cars or motorcycles- I like to control to torque curve, not the machine. It's not fun to have a hard down shift when you brake hard into a tight curve and try to accelerate out the apex. A manual affords you the opportunity double clutch your way through.

If you've not raced, or needed torque on command- you may not understand what I'm saying.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Age is a # I'd hit up a 40 something yr old.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:58 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Ages 35-45ish is the range I'd be most comfortable with, although I'd make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Ages 35-45ish is the range I'd be most comfortable with, although I'd make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
You know it lady.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:08 PM

I'd totally pull an Elaine Benes: "Run down you're case for me again. You're going to do something about those sideburns? And the bathroom in your apartment? Alright, let's go."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You know it lady.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I'd totally pull an Elaine Benes: "Run down you're case for me again. You're going to do something about those sideburns? And the bathroom in your apartment? Alright, let's go."
I would have to see if he is sponge worthy, because there are only 60 to a case.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Wow!!! So much discussion over driving stick shift!! Of course, not everyone likes driving stick. After all, most hobbies are not for everyone. I just happen to be a gearhead and my boyfriend is one also.

And my main observation still stands... had I been a middle-aged woman who loved to scrapbook or quilt, no way would I have met and been attractive to my much younger gearhead boyfriend. Our mutual affection for older manual transmission Hondas and BMWs, and autocross and rally motorsports drew us together and has kept us together. And my love for driving has kept me very young at heart.

And I was just offering some advice for single middle-aged and older women on where to meet available men in real life... but obviously, if they don't like cars and driving, then don't try to fake it. Otherwise, having female-type hobbies is not going to help them to meet single men to date.
Okay. I appreciate your suggesting where a woman over 40 can meet available men. Autocross is a good idea, and maybe I'll look into it. I do other things that could put me in the path of a nice, interesting guy. I run, hike, bike, and I hope to soon pick up tennis and golf where I left off years ago. Actually, I'd love to meet a guy who'd be willing and able to teach me how to golf.

But I don't do scrapbooking.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
I should probably stay out of this conversation. There were...incidents.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:15 PM

Ruh roh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I should probably stay out of this conversation. There were...incidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships