Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 PM

123 posts, read 97,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
Heroin and cocaine addict = 25 year old lazy pot head? Come on, you're better than that I hope.
How does she know the pot isn't laced with something? Seen a few freakouts in my day at the bowling alley......

Found out later it was cocaine or PCP laced MJ.

Drugs and reclusive behavior......the combination of the two.

Layne was the first person I thought of when I saw that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 09:35 PM

422 posts, read 574,290 times
For someone without a job, smoking will definitely not help him. I just don't want to jump to conclusions that some lazy kid smoking weed is a hardcore drug addict. If I were the OP I would talk to the kid and his dad. Maybe put him on a path to success.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
For someone without a job, smoking will definitely not help him. I just don't want to jump to conclusions that some lazy kid smoking weed is a hardcore drug addict. If I were the OP I would talk to the kid and his dad. Maybe put him on a path to success.
And how is he going to get a job when most require you to wiz into a cup?

My point.....not only I just got the spooks when I read that combo put together and worded like that.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:52 PM

422 posts, read 574,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not On The Payroll View Post
And how is he going to get a job when most require you to wiz into a cup?

My point.....not only I just got the spooks when I read that combo put together and worded like that.
I agree, but we need more info. For all we know, the son just lost his job and is taking time to get back in the mix. He definitely doesn't seem to want to better himself at this time, but there's still hope this is a road block and he's not a habitually lazy Stoner.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:00 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,432 times
It's a tough call, OP. If he's a great guy "other than" the kid, I can see why you're torn. Unfortunately that "other than" is a really big elephant in the room that isn't likely to resolve itself anytime soon. Only you can answer the question of whether it's worth it to hang in there. But for me it would be too hard to stay with that being the situation.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I agree, but we need more info. For all we know, the son just lost his job and is taking time to get back in the mix. He definitely doesn't seem to want to better himself at this time, but there's still hope this is a road block and he's not a habitually lazy Stoner.
First thing to do would be to get him employable. I bet even Wal-Mart wouldn't tolerate that. Any decent paying factory job sure wouldn't either. Dad is just as guilty for knowingly letting it go on in his home and exposing his new GF to the outcome of that. Hope she doesn't come home to find him unresponsive from something "harder"....

It wouldn't be fair to her, nor would having the fuzz break down the door in the middle of the night due to what was inside.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:40 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Maybe the problem is more than the son. It sounds like you two are just on different pages. You want something serious, likely moving in with each other soon, but he says he wants to take it slow? Maybe your guy enjoys you two just being a weekend couple?

Old 05-28-2015, 07:51 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,880,482 times
I suspect He's using his son as a shield. Very passive aggressive. Life is easier if he doesn't give the son any ultimatums, and easier if he doesn't have to give you any commitments.

You have to decide what you really want. because I doubt he is going to change.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:03 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,617,567 times
I'm in same situation, OP. GF of nearly 3 yrs, college drop out son who sells and smokes pot. Worthless and lazy. has absolutely no respect for his mom.

I'm ease'n my way out of the relationship so as not to cause trouble with her and her son. We are just friends now, trying to ease out of texts and phone calls. I'll still help around the house cause son won't do a damn thing and she needs the help.

For a woman/mother, its hard to do the "tough love" bit. For a man, he needs to grow a pair and kick his son in the ass. He's doing more harm to him than good.

Don't get close, OP. The guy has no spine or balls. He's not much of a man or father, imho. Sorry to be so harsh, but I've been there and done that.

Wish you the best of luck and hope all turns out well for you.

Take care
Capt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships