Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:30 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
If you don't like the thread than don't read it. I don't get people sometime. If I don't like or agree with sometime that is posted, here or on FB etc....I just scroll past it. As for someone asking above if my requests are spur of the moment. Usually not. I ask ahead of time. His own things are unplanned.
Makes two of us then. Where I don't get those they spend years doing and dealing with the same thing over and over and expecting change, and being surprised when it doesn't happen. You have numerous threads about your husband. With that, are you expecting people's advice to be any different than the last 5 threads?

You never have anything good to say about your husband. He does the same crap again and again, and you nag. But you see he doesn't care and will do what he wants. You expect that to randomly change?

So, only advice I can give you is consider some serious therapy. Electric shock treatment or something. People who keep going back for more of the same and expecting different time and time again have some form of insanity happening. And I am not being mean. it's really true. I have seen others with this problem.

You need to do something other than nag and whine. Because after all this time, seems clear it's not working.

Your husband is selfish. But it's not his fault at this point that you're unhappy. You stay with him, despite his selfishness, so now your unhappiness in the relationship is your own fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 01:18 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Makes two of us then. Where I don't get those they spend years doing and dealing with the same thing over and over and expecting change, and being surprised when it doesn't happen. You have numerous threads about your husband. With that, are you expecting people's advice to be any different than the last 5 threads?

You never have anything good to say about your husband. He does the same crap again and again, and you nag. But you see he doesn't care and will do what he wants. You expect that to randomly change?

So, only advice I can give you is consider some serious therapy. Electric shock treatment or something. People who keep going back for more of the same and expecting different time and time again have some form of insanity happening. And I am not being mean. it's really true. I have seen others with this problem.

You need to do something other than nag and whine. Because after all this time, seems clear it's not working.

Your husband is selfish. But it's not his fault at this point that you're unhappy. You stay with him, despite his selfishness, so now your unhappiness in the relationship is your own fault.
Excellent post!

Old 05-28-2015, 01:37 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Quote:
Someone told me this sounds like narcissistic behavior?
Looking for some other explanation for his behavior will not change the truth. Your husband is an alcoholic. To answer the question in your title: because he is an alcoholic.

What to do when you think your husband is hiding alcohol.

Prepare to feel manipulated for the rest of your life with him unless he gets help and you get help.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:40 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Stop blaming others for your own unhappiness.
Without action on you end for yourself, you're never going to get anywhere.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:51 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
OP:

So you post about your problems regarding your husband over and over.

Exactly what advice do you want since you post about the your problems regarding your husband over and over?

Exactly what answers do you want since you continue doing the same behavior?

Exactly what are you doing to change the situation?

Exactly what are you doing to improve your situation?

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 05-28-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 03:09 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Someone told me this sounds like narcissistic behavior?
Could be, depending on his other behavior. With my ex-SO it was. He could take a day off from work to go putter around a lumber yard with his brother looking for cheap wood, but he couldn't take a few hours off to attend the second half of my nephew's wake. POS or narcissist: Does it really matter? Your husband is a selfish oaf. I suggest not catering to him.

I also suggest not even bothering to invite him to any event of yours that takes place on a day he has to work. Just go and have fun without him, and if he gets bent that you didn't invite him, you need only to say, "You had to work and wouldn't have been able to go, anyway."

And given your other posts, I would suggest that one of those outings be to a divorce attorney.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:23 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

So you post about your problems regarding your husband over and over.

Exactly what advice do you want since you post about the your problems regarding your husband over and over?

Exactly what answers do you want since you continue doing the same behavior?
I would add Exactly what are you doing to change the situation.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I would add Exactly what are you doing to change the situation.
done

Old 05-28-2015, 05:20 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
I'm just asking why he does this. Another example. He always keeps me waiting when we have to go somewhere do he can finish hid games on his phone but the other day he was hungry and wanted to go get dinner. All I had to do was change my shoes and he got mad. I told him he always keeps me waiting and he response is the he has hungry.
Because he loves to play these ridiculous passive aggressive games with you. And you must love it too, that and the drama of posting about it endlessly.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:17 PM

7,430 posts, read 4,672,937 times
Was there a time you cheated on him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships