Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 07:08 AM

176 posts, read 189,449 times

Advertisements

Isaac Newton was virgin all his life and he's one of the most important people who have ever lived, and it's not that uncommon for people to renounce to marriage, love relationships or sex, for investing their energies in something else, for spiritual or personal reasons. There are definitely many ways of fulfilling your personal potential or being happy that don't need romantic relationships or sex.

However, hating those aspects of life is probably unnecessary. Simply ignoring them or preferring other aspects because you've discovered that it's what makes you happy, it's better, I suppose.

Maybe you're just young and you still need to figure out some things about yourself, or maybe it's indeed what suits you. Either way, everyone needs to stay true to themselves and find their personal happiness, while being open to experimenting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 07:09 AM

273 posts, read 201,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seinfeld56 View Post
I just hate the idea of committing myself to one person for all eternity. In fact, I want to be a virgin all my life.
Dating: I really don't see why its such a big deal. I express ZERO interest in dating. I prefer being by myself.
Relationships:I really don't care for relationships with anybody.

P.S.- the reason I probably dislike all of the afermentioned from above is because I'm extremely independent. I don't need anyone to be there for me. I can depend on myself.

So, do you think its normal to dislike these things.
I agree with you. It's not just relationships either, but adult life in general. Once you've committed yourself to someone else and have a full time job to tackle, you really have no more time to do the things you want to do anymore. That's a fact. Me? I'm obsessed with video games and card games. They are my main hobbies. Unfortunately, not a lot of women do those kind of things, so I've avoided getting into a relationship with one.

Honestly adult life in general just plain flat out sucks and I would give my up entire savings to be a kid again.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:13 AM

176 posts, read 189,449 times
^ Funny, I enjoy being an adult and the older I get the happier I become.

Not trying to derail your thread, OP.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:53 AM

914 posts, read 765,545 times
Op just do you, bruh. No need to start a thread about it.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:35 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
lol

op, why don't you hit that edit button and type what you REALLY want to type

"independent" is a euphamism for lonely and bitter

and in the political world "independent" is a replacement word for democrat or republican for people that are ashamed to state their true political affiliation

let's be real here
Let's be real here you might be talking out of your behind.

Anyway the OP is gone now but I don't know he seemed on the level. If you look at his posting history he doesn't post about his sad dating life or lack of one all of the time.

He probably made this thread because family friends probably keep pestering him about why he doesn't have a GF, why he doesn't want to date etc...

Old 06-06-2015, 01:00 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I'm not sure why you would hate something you have zero interest in.
I think honey is disgusting, but I'm not going to hate on it just becuase its not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships