Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Hey, everyone ribbing him for not wanting to go out in a rainstorm? I live in his area. There were torrential downpours all evening long, with flash flood warnings and tornado watches. That's how bad it was - the kind of rain that downs large city trees. NOBODY was going out last night in the Philly area unless they had to. So stop.

That isn't what I was ribbing him for! Read the entire thing. Good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
First off, good for you for doing something out of your comfort zone. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you follow up with more dates if you and she are both interested.

And in the OPs defense with the storms. I saw on the news. It was crazy storms (Like 1 inch of rain in 20 minutes, trees getting knocked over, hail, cars floating down the road because of flash flooding, etc). We had them in my area too and there is no way I'd go out in that crap. I don't blame him or his date at all for not going out especially if they were walking to the date site.

Holy smokes, people are missing the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 09:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Well that's a bad comparison because we have to go to work regardless of what the weather looks like. Lol
Not me. If I'm not comfortable driving, I'm not going to work or on a date.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:58 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Hey, everyone ribbing him for not wanting to go out in a rainstorm? I live in his area. There were torrential downpours all evening long, with flash flood warnings and tornado watches. That's how bad it was - the kind of rain that downs large city trees. NOBODY was going out last night in the Philly area unless they had to. So stop.
That's understandable, but he was also saying he does not go out in the snow or single digit weather....and he lives in the northeast, so that would mean he's home practically all winter. I'm just saying for a young guy (and I'm assuming he is), I consider that pretty strange.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:59 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
Just go? If its too late for your tight britches, then tell her you're tired and ask for another night.

Rocket science 101.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:01 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
I think the main point that I and I'm assuming Timberline are trying to make is, if you want to meet a potential partner or date, less than ideal weather shouldn't really stop you. This does not apply to extreme weather....but a bit of snow, rain or cold weather wouldn't stop me from going out on date, unless I was over the age of 70.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:10 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I think the main point that I and I'm assuming Timberline are trying to make is, if you want to meet a potential partner or date, less than ideal weather shouldn't really stop you. This does not apply to extreme weather....but a bit of snow, rain or cold weather wouldn't stop me from going out on date, unless I was over the age of 70.
Well, yeah, I would agree with that... don't let normal weather stop you. But last night's weather wasn't normal. It was severe and you have to admit, the OP was getting a little beat up over it by a few posters. I am just saying, for last night, I don't blame him.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Correct. Nor would going out to meet at 9, unless you get up abnormally early for work or working out, for that matter.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Correct. Nor would going out to meet at 9, unless you get up abnormally early for work or working out, for that matter.
Despite the OP's unusual rules and regulations for dates, I do find a date at 9pm on a Sunday a bit odd. By 9, I'm starting to wind down for the evening, not looking to gear up and go out. Usually the weekend has already been full and Sunday night I'm relaxing before heading into another workweek.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Despite the OP's unusual rules and regulations for dates, I do find a date at 9pm on a Sunday a bit odd. By 9, I'm starting to wind down for the evening, not looking to gear up and go out. Usually the weekend has already been full and Sunday night I'm relaxing before heading into another workweek.

Oh, I'm not saying it is the norm. 7 or 8 is more normal, or late after noon brews, but it is hardly a deal breaker. I've met people later than 9 before and will do so again, I'm sure. If someone wants to meet someone that not going to be a hindrance (again, unless they get up super early).

Old 06-02-2015, 11:29 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
You've got to be kidding me! I mean unless you are a senior citizen, this sounds a bit much. I can understand staying home in a blizzard, but I live in the North East, in the winter it snows practically every other day here (especially the last couple of years), so if I were to follow your rule, I'd be hibernating like a bear all winter long.

Can I ask how old you are?
Im in my late 30's. I'm just saying I would not go out if the temperature is 9 degrees or lower or a blizzard. So that sounds unusual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships