Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:31 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Me: INTP
Her: ISFP

I have always found this test to be cool. It really does seem to describe both of us.

Technically it says we should be compatible with extroverted types, but those kind of things seem to be off. Either way we're happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 11:11 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Me: INFJ
Him: INTP

We get along well

Old 06-11-2015, 02:15 PM

315 posts, read 210,581 times
I'm introverted and very intuitive, feeling
he's extroverted and also very intuitive, sensitive (but he will not admit it)
I'm a pisces
he's a Leo
we get along great.
He's also very grounded and I have become more so spending time with him.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:26 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Thanks for the responses! I didn't have internet this week, so I couldn't respond sooner. What surprised me was that there was a lot closer matches in personalities than MBTI would suggest. They say the things you do yourself would get on your nerves from a partner, but it must not be that bad if there are so many close couples on here.

Also it's funny how so many posters on here (and CityData in general I would imagine) are N type. There must be something about this forum, or foruming in general that lends itself more to N types.

But I would get annoyed with a partner if they were too SFish, where they were consistently doing illogical things based on emotions and convention and popular opinion. Plus we would have little to talk about because a lot of things that interest me are somewhat abstract (like Economics).

Old 06-13-2015, 02:26 PM

720 posts, read 500,385 times
So I found a site and took a test that's based on the MBTI and it says I'm an ESFP. I did some Googlin' and I found a site that says ESFP's are "the performers":

Quote:
ESFPs love people, and everybody loves an ESFP. One of their greatest gifts is their general acceptance of everyone. They are upbeat and enthusiastic, and genuinely like almost everybody. An ESFP is unfailingly warm and generous with their friends, and they generally treat everyone as a friend. However, once crosesed, an ESFP is likely to make a very strong and stubborn judgment against the person who crossed them. They are capable of deep dislike in such a situation.

The ESFP under a great deal of stress gets overwhelmed with negatives thoughts and possibilities. As an optimistic individual who lives in the world of possibilities, negative possibilities do not sit well with them. In an effort to combat these thoughts, they're likely to come up with simple, global statements to explain away the problem. These simplistic explanations may or may not truly get to the nature of the issue, but they serve the ESFP well by allowing them to get over it.

ESFPs are likely to be very practical, although they hate structure and routine. They like to "go with the flow", trusting in their ability to improvise in any situation presented to them. They learn best with "hands-on" experience, rather than by studying a book. They're uncomfortable with theory. If an ESFP hasn't developed their intuitive side, they may tend to avoid situations which involve a lot of theoretical thinking, or which are complex and ambiguous. For this reason, an ESFP may have difficulty in school. On the other hand, the ESFP does extremely well in situations where they're allowed to learn by interacting with others, or in which they "learn by doing".

ESFPs have a very well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty, and an excellent sense of space and function. If they have the means, they're likely to have to have many beautiful possessions, and an artfully furnished home. In general, they take great pleasure in objects of aesthetic beauty. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the finer things in life, such as good food and good wine.

The ESFP is a great team player. He or she is not likely to create any problems or fuss, and is likely to create the most fun environment possible for getting the task done. ESFPs will do best in careers in which they are able to use their excellent people skills, along with their abilities to meld ideas into structured formats. Since they are fast-paced individuals who like new experiences, they should choose careers which offer or require a lot of diversity, as well as people skills.

ESFPs usually like to feel strongly bonded with other people, and have a connection with animals and small children that is not found in most other types. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the beauties of nature as well.

The ESFP has a tremendous love for life, and knows how to have fun. They like to bring others along on their fun-rides, and are typically a lot of fun to be with. They're flexible, adaptable, genuinely interested in people, and usually kind-hearted. They have a special ability to get a lot of fun out of life, but they need to watch out for the pitfalls associated with living entirely in the moment.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:01 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, you did it again. I totally relate to this. Sometimes we get into arguments about who's going to answer the ringing phone. lol...
Raises hand as another. /lol

How I made a.living in outside sales is beyond me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-13-2015, 09:11 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Raises hand as another. /lol

How I made a.living in outside sales is beyond me.
Sounds like a nightmare.

I would've repped you with this, but I just did that with your other comment, lol.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:18 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
The MBTI are no better than astrology.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Old 06-14-2015, 10:11 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I agree that it's pseudoscience, but I have personally found it very useful even so. Or perhaps it was just coincidence: all the compatible women I met or dated after my divorce (about 50) were INFJ or INFP (although some were probably slightly E). All of the incompatible ones (mostly I screened those out before meeting) were xSFx or xSTx.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:16 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yeah, I don't take it too seriously. I've actually taken many online versions of that test over the years, just because I think it's fun, but I can easily see how confirmation bias would kick in when you start to read the type descriptions. "Oh, yeah, that describes me perfectly!"

The problem I have with the test is that it forces you into making binary choices, when personalities are so much more complex than that. I look at so many of the questions and find myself saying, "It depends." I might do X in one case and Y in the other. It depends on a lot of things, like the circumstances involved, or even just my mood at the time. Even the wording of the questions can influence one's opinion.

The only thing that's consistent for me is that I score 100% Introvert, every single time. But I've literally scored as all eight different "I" personality types. People just aren't as black and white as the tests suggest that people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships