Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,269 times

Advertisements

for privacy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 11:03 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manalone View Post
So m moving in with my girlfriend. she has a 2bdrm apartment and asked if i would want to move ina nd i said yes

though some nights we will be sleeping together i'm sure she also said she wants me to bring my own bed for the second bedroom

i found this to be very questionable and am curious as to why she wants me to have my own bed?

i tried to bring it up and she said something along the lines of "some night i enjoy just being alone in my own bed" and "i think it would just be smart"

should i believe her or should i view this as a concern?
Believe her. I've been married for a bit so that would not be a deal breaker for me. I'd rather she want me, than for me to sleep in her bed and she's not interested. Or maybe she plans on screwing you in your own bed and is saving her bed for someone else. Compartmentalization. I'm just saying.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:08 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
If there is an extra bedroom and the bed would be used for a guest bedroom, of course that is fine. If it is to banish you, then no.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:00 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I'm trying to ease the idea into our household. I rarely get a good night's sleep. It's okay usually - I can live with broken sleep EVERY NIGHT. But sometimes I wish I could just climb in the spare room and hibernate for a solid 8 hours.

If you love her, you'll consider allowing her to sleep peacefully. Ground rules would be nice. Why not establish the bedroom that will be yours together and, when she needs to sleep alone, she can go to the spare room?

I'd be cautious about her age. Another consideration would be to establish separate bedrooms right off the bat. Tell her, when you want me you know where to find me! Just live roommate-ish. Maybe her parents come to visit.
This, too.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:39 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,857,834 times
When wife and I were married ( 41 years ago today) we didn't sleep together until after the wedding ( old fashioned, right ??) We originally had a full size bed, it wasn't big enough as we were bumping into each other and disturbing each other during the night. Fortunately , my uncle owned a Serta factory and got us a queen size mattress pronto. I joke that that mattress saved our marriage. It is amazing how couples got along with just a full or even twin size mattress for so many years. LOL

Old 06-08-2015, 04:44 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
When wife and I were married ( 41 years ago today) we didn't sleep together until after the wedding ( old fashioned, right ??) We originally had a full size bed, it wasn't big enough as we were bumping into each other and disturbing each other during the night. Fortunately , my uncle owned a Serta factory and got us a queen size mattress pronto. I joke that that mattress saved our marriage. It is amazing how couples got along with just a full or even twin size mattress for so many years. LOL
Most people don't need to have a relative who owns a matress factory. They just go to the store and buy a new bed. Just sayin.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If there is an extra bedroom and the bed would be used for a guest bedroom, of course that is fine. If it is to banish you, then no.
Who said anything about banishment? I'd say my husband and I sleep in the same bed 85-90% of the time...but if one of is having a restless night...the other has a cold and is snoring the windows loose...wants to stay up late reading and still be sprawled out....or even just needs some space.....having a second bed is great.

It also comes in handy for guests.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:07 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Who said anything about banishment? I'd say my husband and I sleep in the same bed 85-90% of the time...but if one of is having a restless night...the other has a cold and is snoring the windows loose...wants to stay up late reading and still be sprawled out....or even just needs some space.....having a second bed is great.

This right here. ESPESCIALLY the sick thing. Ive been sick as a dog at times, and even I would NOT have slept in the same bed with me.

Also, I have gotten hurt, had surgeries,etc where I needed my space in the bed to be more comfy.

And my parents were married for 20 years before my dad passed, and they had separate beds cause he snored like crazy.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:23 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post

No one, I threw it out there as a possible reason.

No one mentioned using the bed for guests either, but it is a possibility.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:07 PM

9 posts, read 7,256 times
i asked her and it made sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships