Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 10:45 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Original Poster, you do not have an "Online dating" situation here you have a "Online Chatting" situation that is going nowhere and never was going anywhere.
You have wasted an entire year of your life hanging on to a thread that broke months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 11:03 PM

422 posts, read 574,678 times
You live close enough that you can walk home? Never met her in a year. I honestly don't see what this girl is gaining by stringing you along. The fact you're a virgin with zero experience in women is the only reason it lasted this long. You're worried you won't find someone better than her? I really feel bad for you. Don't be such a beta. Eventually she will contact you again. Hopefully you have the pride and the self esteem to ignore her.

One thing I am curious about is why she gave you her address if she's this paranoid. My guess is it is not her house. Maybe not even her city. Have you ever mailed her anything of value, or supported her in any way? I just don't see her motive. You're a kind hearted and naive guy and she preyed on you big time. She had to have gotten something out of it besides controlling you.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
You're wasting your time. When I hit it off with someone I couldn't wait to meet them. When I met my boyfriend online, he had just headed out of town for a week and a half and it was torture waiting! We met on his way back from the airport because we were so excited to meet each other. I can't imagine texting for a year without meeting someone. Have you even spoken on the phone? She isn't legit...she's married, messing with you, or not who she says.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:39 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't think this is a scam or a catfish.

If you don't try harder to meet up with her, you'll definitely regret it. Send her a message, say it is far too difficult to not meet up and you want to have a real relationship and not one online.

If she doesn't, just talk less and less and less and give less attention. It'll drive her nuts and next thing you'll have her doing whatever you want.
They had a date and she stood him up...to me that should've been the end of it.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by video646 View Post
*********. Are you that mad that I said I wasn't interested in visiting Portland in the other thread? This isn't a troll thread and it is something that means a whole lot to me. So you can stop being like that, *******.
I honestly don't know what other thread you are talking about. If you don't want to visit Portland, what can I say. Its a lovely city despite your reservations. So is the UK. Yes, I've had a look at your post history. I still haven't read anymore of your o.p. I don't need to. I'm going to help you anyway. Friend, I don't know you from a knothole in a pine tree but unless I WAY miss my guess you are more gay than you care to admit to yourself or close friends and family. Dude, its 2015, not 1915. Life is passing you by and you are escaping reality by getting entangled in cyber-romances. Which would be fine, and your own business, but you chose to put it on C-D which makes it our business. So since you asked, the odd dating situation you have is a non-issue. It wasn't going to go anywhere anyway. Isn't that a relief to know?!

Old 06-08-2015, 01:54 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
That's a fair point. Though to be clear, we did care very deeply for each other and there was plenty of interest and desire. We both wanted to see each other but were perhaps too guarded.

If you both wanted to see each other, then you would have.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
You're right that I can't prove her picture is her. But she took pictures for me and I've found the same name used on various social media accounts (I'm sure she did the same checks on me).

And I spoke with her on the phone several times.

That's nice, but that's not a relationship.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I know it may sound really weird, but I don't think she's a catfish. And when you talk to someone everyday for a year, it doesn't exactly matter if you have met them or not. You develop an emotional connection that means a whole lot.
Yes, an emotional connection based on a whole lot of assumptions, which may or may not line up with reality.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:

I regret leaving my page open because that is what derailed everything in the first place. She blew up on me and I feel like there was a lack of trust for a long time because of that. When her trust in me was finally restored, it had been many months that we had been talking and that naturally adds more pressure to the prospect of us meeting.
She had no legitimate reason to blow up at you. You two are not in a committed relationship.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:59 PM

209 posts, read 304,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I wonder if you are being "cat fished"? Maybe contact the show Cat Fish.....

If you were my son, I'd say there is a reason she has never met you, and it might be for the best that it has ended....I would suspect she isn't what she has portrayed herself to be at all. And, even if she were, she has issues....Don't settle.

Don't give up, you'll find someone genuine. But, proceed with caution with the online stuff. Even men are at risk from some of the stories I've read.
I have honestly considered contacting the show Cat Fish, but now that she hasn't spoken to me in over a month that feels like it wouldn't work. I will take your advice and try to move on from this...I think I am done with online dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Original Poster, you do not have an "Online dating" situation here you have a "Online Chatting" situation that is going nowhere and never was going anywhere.
You have wasted an entire year of your life hanging on to a thread that broke months ago.
That's harsh. But I appreciate your honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
You live close enough that you can walk home? Never met her in a year. I honestly don't see what this girl is gaining by stringing you along. The fact you're a virgin with zero experience in women is the only reason it lasted this long. You're worried you won't find someone better than her? I really feel bad for you. Don't be such a beta. Eventually she will contact you again. Hopefully you have the pride and the self esteem to ignore her.

One thing I am curious about is why she gave you her address if she's this paranoid. My guess is it is not her house. Maybe not even her city. Have you ever mailed her anything of value, or supported her in any way? I just don't see her motive. You're a kind hearted and naive guy and she preyed on you big time. She had to have gotten something out of it besides controlling you.
I live about an hour or so away from her house walking, which for me isn't too bad because I love to walk, especially at night. I'm not trying to be a beta; I just feel like I meet a lot of women that come and go and she was someone special.

She never gave me a specific address; she just gave me the name of the complex that she lived in. It seemed like she was honest about living there because she often told me of places she went in the area and everything added up. I appreciate that you think I'm kind-hearted and I would definitely say that I am indeed naive. I don't know what her motive was, but she definitely didn't get any more out of stringing me along than I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
You're wasting your time. When I hit it off with someone I couldn't wait to meet them. When I met my boyfriend online, he had just headed out of town for a week and a half and it was torture waiting! We met on his way back from the airport because we were so excited to meet each other. I can't imagine texting for a year without meeting someone. Have you even spoken on the phone? She isn't legit...she's married, messing with you, or not who she says.
Yeah, we spoke on the phone and at least part of the deal lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I honestly don't know what other thread you are talking about. If you don't want to visit Portland, what can I say. Its a lovely city despite your reservations. So is the UK. Yes, I've had a look at your post history. I still haven't read anymore of your o.p. I don't need to. I'm going to help you anyway. Friend, I don't know you from a knothole in a pine tree but unless I WAY miss my guess you are more gay than you care to admit to yourself or close friends and family. Dude, its 2015, not 1915. Life is passing you by and you are escaping reality by getting entangled in cyber-romances. Which would be fine, and your own business, but you chose to put it on C-D which makes it our business. So since you asked, the odd dating situation you have is a non-issue. It wasn't going to go anywhere anyway. Isn't that a relief to know?!
What are you talking about? Almost nothing you say here makes any damn sense. If you looked at my post history, then you know I'm not a troll. I'm not gay and I don't know where that idea comes from. And if you don't want to read my post that's fine, but I would appreciate it if you didn't come in here and accuse me of trolling/lying.

How can you comment on something you didn't even read? Just go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
She had no legitimate reason to blow up at you. You two are not in a committed relationship.
That's true. She always did accuse me of talking to "other *******" though it seemed to be in a good-hearted and joking way when she did it. When I asked her about her meeting other guys, she asked if I thought she was a ho. I never really minded that side of her, to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships