Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 12:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

It's been my fault the past two months and I been treating women to dinner the first time like a fool instead of going somewhere like a park or cafe which is very cheap. That way if someone disappears after the meeting is over and don't respond to text messages nothing is lost on either side since

1. Not much money was spent

2. You only met for a hour or two

I been making the mistake of paying for dinner which should only happen after mutual interest has been confirmed and date number 1 has been scheduled. I say date one because the first meeting is a meet and greet not really a date since you are meeting for the first time. I have spent so much money in April and May that I don't even want to go on another date until August-lol I have to realize that the first meet is for me to assess and see if she is someone I would want to see again not just treating all these women to dinner and never hear from them again.

Agree or Disagree?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:31 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Yeah, I can see how being as cheap as possible would really be impressive.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:34 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
As suggested to you before, go for a drink instead of dinner.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
As suggested to you before, go for a drink instead of dinner.
What if I don't drink then what?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, I can see how being as cheap as possible would really be impressive.
First of all, I don't know how many men she is meeting or seeing so why should a man who meets a woman for the first time be spending $40 or more?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:40 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
What if I don't drink then what?
Have a club soda with a twist of lime? Roy Rogers? Shirley Temple?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Have a club soda with a twist of lime? Roy Rogers? Shirley Temple?
Is the bar atmosphere really the type of place two people should be in who is meeting for the first time since they won't be able to hear each other?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 PM

491 posts, read 402,545 times
You don't have to drink alcohol. It's perfectly acceptable to suggest coffee/ tea for a first meeting. If you don't drink either of those, most places serve water.

I don't care for the "walk in the park" first meeting. I prefer to sit across a table from someone, look them in the eye, have 15 or 20 minutes to chat, and see if there is any chemistry. I don't like feeling that I'm being "worked into" someone's schedule during their daily walk or run. If they don't have time for coffee or a drink, they probably won't have time to date.

Do you talk to prospective dates on the phone before you meet them? I weed out at least 50% of potential dates through phone conversations.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
It's been my fault the past two months and I been treating women to dinner the first time like a fool instead of going somewhere like a park or cafe which is very cheap. That way if someone disappears after the meeting is over and don't respond to text messages nothing is lost on either side since

1. Not much money was spent

2. You only met for a hour or two

I been making the mistake of paying for dinner which should only happen after mutual interest has been confirmed and date number 1 has been scheduled. I say date one because the first meeting is a meet and greet not really a date since you are meeting for the first time. I have spent so much money in April and May that I don't even want to go on another date until August-lol I have to realize that the first meet is for me to assess and see if she is someone I would want to see again not just treating all these women to dinner and never hear from them again.

Agree or Disagree?
FINALLY!!! C-D men are catching on! Will this spell the end of the "dinner wh*re" complaints on this forum? Gawd, I hope so! And it only took you two months to figure it out, after posting here for how many years? Well, better late than never, I guess....

Old 06-07-2015, 12:47 PM

491 posts, read 402,545 times
Quote:
Is the bar atmosphere really the type of place two people should be in who is meeting for the first time since they won't be able to hear each other?
There are "quiet" bars. Especially early in the evening. Try a website like Yelp for recommendations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships