Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 03:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times

Advertisements

Nearly 50, love being single.

Actually as I write this ive just come home from my "friends" house at 5.30am because I was so desperate to be alone.

Having a man is nice and all but they snore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 03:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
No I don't I want a relationship but I don't have much luck in finding the right guy.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:27 PM

818 posts, read 917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Nearly 50, love being single.

Actually as I write this ive just come home from my "friends" house at 5.30am because I was so desperate to be alone.

Having a man is nice and all but they snore.
Snoring is a problem. I have found out just about all women are very offended if you tell them they snore . LOL
I took a video of my X wife snoring one time.... MISTAKE ! LOL

Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
Snoring is a problem. I have found out just about all women are very offended if you tell them they snore . LOL
I took a video of my X wife snoring one time.... MISTAKE ! LOL
I don't snore.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:37 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
I think another reason I like being single is because I'm deathly afraid and nervous around men that like me. It started when I was 6-everyday these two boys would chase me around recess telling me they loved me. I was the only girl they did this to. From then on everytime a man expressed interest or even gave me the "look" I run away or avoid them or just stand there awkwardly while they talk to me. To me even beginning the initial conversation once they approach me is incredibly awkward. The first 6 dates are incredibly awkward too. The whole dating process is so nerve wrecking. I could go into crazy stories of the awkwardness and shyness I experience when a man likes me or approaches me(which happens often unless I go out of my way to avoid places where I know there will be men in my demographic group that will most likely be interested). If I could get over the uncomfortableness of it all I would probably not be happier single but if your painfully shy around the opposite sex then it's easier on the nerves to be single.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:39 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
Put me down as single (again) and happy!
After a marriage that should never have been, and funny thing is that the red flags were there before I got hitched, I soon realized that I'm happier being alone. I do have a girlfriend who stays over from time to time...she says that she wants to move in with me, but I'm not ready for that just now. I'm divorced barely a year, and I just want to be alone for now.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:47 PM

9,089 posts, read 6,311,647 times
I am over 40, single and content. I can't say for sure if I am happy. I feel fleeting, short term happiness over various things but my longer term feelings are in the realm of contentment. I am curious how others compare contentment to happiness.

The only thing I miss from being in a relationship is a degree of companionship. It would be nice to have someone to travel with but I definitely do not want to live with someone else full time. I need my space.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:47 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No I don't I want a relationship but I don't have much luck in finding the right guy.
Same here. I don't think love will happen for me. So I left the fantasy of that behind. But at this point, a few flings with some men that I find attractive, wouldn't be bad. So, i'll probably just go with that in the future. Currently, I have other things to be working on that are kind of important, which may take a few years.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I am over 40, single and content. I can't say for sure if I am happy. I feel fleeting, short term happiness over various things but my longer term feelings are in the realm of contentment. I am curious how others compare contentment to happiness.

The only thing I miss from being in a relationship is a degree of companionship. It would be nice to have someone to travel with but I definitely do not want to live with someone else full time. I need my space.
I think contentment IS happiness.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:56 PM

9,089 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I think contentment IS happiness.
So maybe what I am calling happiness could actually be intense bursts of enthusiasm or excitement instead of happiness? Thanks for the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships