Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,318 times

Advertisements

Nobody gets out of here alive

Pretty much any active, athletic person has scars

They're part of life *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 11:05 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Scars can make you so self-conscious - like any kind of physical "deformity". It's not easy, but having a great and outgoing personality can make up for a lot. I look at someone like Seal who at first glance may look like a freak but after even a minute looking at him or listening to him and his appearance fades to insignificance!

I've worked with a couple people with very severe physical issues and it can evoke strong feelings...but after some REAL interaction with them, they become a person, much like any other. There are obviously nasty people out there but the key is to give GOOD people the chance to see the real you and not give a thought to the rest.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
I think Seal is handsome, his scar doesn't bother me. I think Heidi is plain. She got dumb from her Italian boyfriend didn't she? She couldn't be that hot, the guy was old and fat. He only had lots of money.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:31 PM

OP, if you go swimming, your legs will be emerged under water so who would be seeing it. Don't be afraid.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:52 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,498,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen702 View Post
I have 3 big ugly scars on my leg since 2 years ago because of an allergic reaction; because if the scars I have not been swimming (which I love) and I would usually have to put make up if I wanted to wear shorts/skirts. My friends or boyfriend don't know about my scars , but i feel like they'll still accept me and not judge when I get the chance to tell them. I just wanted other peoples opinion on here if my scars are to hideous to show out without make up on rather that going out in public and finding out other peoples reaction myself. Overall people say I'm beautiful and have a nice body, but I feel like my scars are a deal breaker . Sometimes my scars can make me emotional, but maybe I'm just overreacting, idk. Thanks for reading

Scars aren't deal breakers. I dated a woman missing half of her leg once. Didn't bother me at all. We went out for two years. We broke up because she got a job on the east coast and it was a good career move at the time.
Scars are scars. They happen.
A few scars will not stop me fom dating a woman.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:33 AM

20 posts, read 27,489 times
As many have said before me, a scar is a scar. This I know first hand. I have had three cancer surgeries in the last year. My most recent was my nose. Currently I have a bolster sewn to my nose the size of a quarter. Is it embarrassing, yes. Do I care, no. It will come off soon and my nose will be a little discolored from the graft. I have had the thoughts of people staring when I go out. I mean your face is the first thing people look at. To me it takes a very strong person to walk around looking like this. Sure people stare, some ask questions. At least you can tell an interesting story about yours. Hang in there. You'll be fine. You are a pretty person inside and out.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Scars aren't deal breakers. I dated a woman missing half of her leg once. Didn't bother me at all. We went out for two years. We broke up because she got a job on the east coast and it was a good career move at the time.
Scars are scars. They happen.
A few scars will not stop me fom dating a woman.
Paul McCartney fancied and married a woman with a missing leg, I forgot 1 or two. And Pistorius in the news recently, had a beautiful gf, he has disability as in missing legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships