Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want kids?
Gal - Yes 39 21.08%
Gal - No 51 27.57%
Gal - Unsure 22 11.89%
Guy - Yes 30 16.22%
Guy - No 32 17.30%
Guy - Unsure 11 5.95%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:54 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,777,607 times

Advertisements

I definitely want kids - at least four is my preference. But I don't know - I'm two years away from being 30 and I'm single with no good prospects in sight. {sigh}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 02:29 AM

107 posts, read 96,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
I definitely want kids - at least four is my preference. But I don't know - I'm two years away from being 30 and I'm single with no good prospects in sight. {sigh}
okay I think you should not have so many children with all problems we have in this world today. There is many issues with population control and to many people can not survive a good life in feature. If you need to have children how come you can not have just 1? Why do you need 4 children? If you have 1 child he or she will be better for this world. I think if you are not selfish then 1 will be enough. If you need more I say to seek conselor because this might be problem with you.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy K View Post
okay I think you should not have so many children with all problems we have in this world today. There is many issues with population control and to many people can not survive a good life in feature. If you need to have children how come you can not have just 1? Why do you need 4 children? If you have 1 child he or she will be better for this world. I think if you are not selfish then 1 will be enough. If you need more I say to seek conselor because this might be problem with you.
It is called, personal choice. It is called Freedom. It is call Liberty

Some of the happiest families I know are LARGE families.

No one, NO ONE, should infer that because someone wants a large family that they are mentally deficient - that is flat out wrong

Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
I was surprised to see so many people answer a partial question. Do you want kids....Want kids to do what?
to mow your lawn?
to clean your house?
to wash your car?

Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
I have to want kids, I cannot jive;
for you see I already have five.
I enjoy having so many living in my hive,
It makes me feel so much more alive!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:10 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
Default Like Farts in the Wind

We are mired in festering humanity conceived in moments of hormonal oblivion and spewed forth into the World from the wombs of the suffering masses.

But sometimes:

Our world is enriched by the gift of life resulting from the union of our bodies locked in the sweet embrace of love and presented to us as a precious reminder of who we are and our purpose in life.

But usually:

We had two kids.
Life was sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
Our family stayed together.
We all survived.

Or:

We had two kids.
Life was sometimes good, sometimes not so good.
Our family split up.
We all survived.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
never had nor wanted kids.....now at 66, raising wifes 16 yr old g'son......verrrrrrry interesting.......

Old 02-05-2008, 12:43 PM

7 posts, read 16,755 times
Shazam, don't you think it's better to regret not having kids than to regret having them? And isn't the worst when the child regrets being born? Considering how overpopulated the world is getting, it's really a terrible decision to breed. And do tell us how someone who "changes his/her mind" about having children after having them can do so . ... well, we know that a lot of men just bail out. There are far too many single mothers out there. And dont' forget that homicide is one of the leading causes of death to pregnant women, a lot of men just don't want to be daddies. Like Scott Peterson. Ever read An American Tragedy, by Dreiser, or see the movie, A Place in the Sun, based on that book? Used to be easy to dump an unwantedly pregnant girlfriend in a brothel . .. and the women (girls) who had to go to those horrible homes for unwed mothers . .. the thing is, if a couple isn't absolutel, 100% sure BOTH want children, and are realistic (men tend to think in terms of Kodak Moments, but do little real childcare), it's best not to add to overpopulation, since the future of your children will be nasty, brutish, and short.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 PM

7 posts, read 16,755 times
DaBeez, and you base this on what data? Your own sampling? Not valid. However . . . it could be that you have a case of classic Freudian Oedipal complex? Or you prefer women with kids because they can't leave easily, or, as in far too many cases, you want to breed your own sex toys? Let's not forget that the most common sexual abuser of children is the father or boyfriend of the mother. I'm not saying you are, but you sure have a lot of problems dealing with women, if you think of them as only breeding sows.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:54 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,777,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy K View Post
Thanks but no thanks. You have no control or influence over my life or my body. Interesting opinion though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships