Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 02:08 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Despite the judgmental vibe and attitude, I do KIND OF agree. A woman with no support system in place, who can't even join a website to find a decent "date night sitter" probably should not be dating. Not only is it uncomfortable for her date, but it's potentially dangerous for her kid(s) to bring guys home to the house with kiddo there, especially when she doesn't know them well yet. It's just not good. And while I can also appreciate a person who has kids and those kids are their first priority, how about maybe not using for your main profile pic the photo of you with a child? And I'm talking to the men here, because a lot of em do this. I don't find it attractive, I find it weird. If I got to know a guy and I really, really liked him, I could deal with his fatherhood and everything, fine, but trying to promote yourself sexually and your kid, right there in the same photo, it's a bit much...
Not being judgemental, just calling a spade a spade. I tried to get to know women just like the ones I mentioned above. They had an excuse for everything. The good ones, never made an excuse. They knew what they were worth and carried themselves with confidence, even though everyone (male and female) has some insecurities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 02:08 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,880,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The whole "don't want to date just looking for attention"... I don't have any idea how a person would even know that for sure?

Because she might want to date, but she might not want to date YOU. Whatever she says might just be an excuse. The fact that she isn't willing to give any and every guy a chance does not mean that she is just seeking attention with no desire to follow through. She might be waiting for "Mr. Right" and something about ya put her off.
Yeah, but it isn't just about women who are in contact and then ghost because they have lost interest. How about people who get in contact, then delete their profile? That happens a lot also. And of course, the people you actually meet who seem normal at first but then are clearly not functional adults and you wouldn't date again on a bet. Or the guys you aren't sure about but meet them anyway and you realize that your first instinct was correct, they are not interested or not appropriate or not normal after all.

It's Not necessarily about being rejected....there are lots of ways people can demonstrate they aren't really seeking a true relationship.

And no, I never take it personally. No way I could take it personally from someone I don't personally know.

Occasionally I get frustrated because a guy who might be a good one got away before I felt he really had a chance to know me.....but 95% of the time, I'm not disappointed at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships