Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times

Advertisements

What's up with this? I'm talking with someone...it's going well, both of us are getting to know each other and I suggest meeting or chatting on the phone and no more communication. If she did not want to transition to the real world why even get to know someone? This is idiotic to me.

Another example today... I express interest, she writes back Hi, you have a nice profile too... then I ask a bunch of usual questions about her hobbies etc. and she responds with just 1 line "Hi i'm Natalie"... if not interested why even respond?

these women are either seriously deranged or lack basic communication skills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 07:12 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Or really don't want to date, just looking for attention.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-12-2015, 07:33 PM

Waste of time and effort then! And women complain that they can't find decent men online? If they behave like this then surely not! What decent man is going to play these sorts of games?

Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Waste of time and effort then! And women complain that they can't find decent men online? If they behave like this then surely not! What decent man is going to play these sorts of games?
Women aren't a single entity. Are you saying that some women can't complain because others behave this way?

Old 06-12-2015, 07:58 PM

I did not mean to imply that the women who are complaining are at fault... I am saying women who are playing these sorts of games, and my experience tells me there are a lot of them online, give all a bad name and ruin it for those women who do not play games because any decent man is not going to stick around after this sort of experience!

Old 06-12-2015, 08:28 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,074,903 times
try craigslist

Old 06-12-2015, 08:34 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,700,377 times
Quote:
I did not mean to imply that the women who are complaining are at fault... I am saying women who are playing these sorts of games, and my experience tells me there are a lot of them online, give all a bad name and ruin it for those women who do not play games because any decent man is not going to stick around after this sort of experience!
And men never play games on these sites.

Last edited by ScarletG; 06-12-2015 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-12-2015, 08:43 PM

269 posts, read 370,884 times
Yes OP it is the same experience for both genders. Men also write one liners, don't reply after a while for whatever reason and a certain percentage of them are there just to find casual sex. It's just as hard for women. You just have to have a thick skin and have no expectations.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
And men never play games on these sites.
I'm not discussing men. I don't date men so I definitely would not be the right person to answer your statement.

Yes, perhaps men are the same way who knows... that's online dating culture for you.

Thanks coffee18... that's what I realized. It's frustrating as I don't treat people that way, online or offline... if someone contacts me I say no thanks or I engage if I am interested. I will not engage just to play some mind game with them, that's despicable behavior In my book.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
What's up with this? I'm talking with someone...it's going well, both of us are getting to know each other and I suggest meeting or chatting on the phone and no more communication. If she did not want to transition to the real world why even get to know someone? This is idiotic to me.

Another example today... I express interest, she writes back Hi, you have a nice profile too... then I ask a bunch of usual questions about her hobbies etc. and she responds with just 1 line "Hi i'm Natalie"... if not interested why even respond?

these women are either seriously deranged or lack basic communication skills
Ok, but how does this make these women crazy? Stupid and flaky, yes, but not CRAZY. Why choose that label?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships