Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:47 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboxxin View Post
Although you make some good points, my company is definitely not one of those. They hire a lot of people who have freshly graduated college (myself included.) It's really common for people to date, but I wish I would find a girl who doesnt work with me.
Well, companies can have polices, but in real life, people meet people at work and people date or whatever...... I mean you spend 8 hrs a day in that environment, it can be hard to not get attracted to someone you may work with...

I think in the real world things operate differently than what companies "want".... life is what it is.

I personally have tried to avoid doing it, but it was easy for me cause I work in a heavily male dominated industry so it wasn't really an issue for me personally.... but yeah.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 10:59 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times
Assumption: She is a relatively attractive female in her 20s and has a lot of other options. Opinion: She would rather explore her other options while stringing you along and she is using your behavior as a justification for doing that. Recommendation: I do not have any good recommendations other than to date other women if you can. Attractive women in their 20s are the rulers of the dating world.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Assumption: She is a relatively attractive female in her 20s and has a lot of other options. Opinion: She would rather explore her other options while stringing you along and she is using your behavior as a justification for doing that. Recommendation: I do not have any good recommendations other than to date other women if you can. Attractive women in their 20s are the rulers of the dating world.
rofl

Old 06-14-2015, 12:08 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I agree with this assessment.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:21 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not so sure that it's a "knuckle dragging" comment. It's a long known fact that you should avoid dating coworkers.... many companies have polices about hiring couples to work together and a lot of companies frown on co-workers dating......
It isn't what worked for her or is what she does so naturally it's wrong. You must be a cave man to think this way you relic ugga ugga

Keep your personal crap out of work, If you cant do that dont date coworkers. It's great in theory.
But most people do not follow this, Their lives and their work are too involved with one another to "have" lines. Asking 20 something's to not form crushes or flirt with coworkers is never going to happen...for obvious reasons.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-14-2015 at 01:31 AM..

Old 06-14-2015, 04:56 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,152,194 times
Quote:
Alcohol in large quantity can turn me into someone who i hate.
Then why did you drink a large quantity of alcohol? Getting blackout drunk is not normal. If you don't address that problem first, you'll probably never have a real shot with her, or any quality woman.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:13 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
First, never intertwine your work life with your personal life, and especially never drink with co workers or date them.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:13 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Respect her decision & back off. She's over it, move on.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:37 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Then why did you drink a large quantity of alcohol? Getting blackout drunk is not normal. If you don't address that problem first, you'll probably never have a real shot with her, or any quality woman.
And no one gets blackout drunk "by accident" as the OP says. What, you tripped and shots just fell down your throat? Own your behavior and think about how much you want to be "that guy" who's an obnoxious, sloppy mess in social situations, especially when you're socializing with coworkers.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:11 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

Alcohol in large quantity can turn me into someone who i hate.
This ^^^ is the only thing here that you have any control over. She will come back to you if she wants to, but you can't make her. If you hate that person, I imagine he's not that attractive to others either.

Stop getting "blackout drunk." The way you refer to it in your post, it obviously has happened enough times that you KNOW it's not a good thing. It's not an accident and there are no excuses, so cut it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships