Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's most important?
Looks 26 28.26%
Personality 66 71.74%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:59 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times

Advertisements

Personality, BUT the issue involves more than this dichotomy. I still need strong physical attraction (looks), intellectual attraction, sexual compatibility, and some other things for a relationship to last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 06:01 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
A person might be just right, but if they look like bum, a ****, or as big as a whale, its not going to work

Old 06-21-2015, 06:10 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
This is what I learned about the envieronment where I live for the most part being in NYC. For average women here they are suckers for good looking men. You can have a personality as dud as a rock, but as long as you are good looking women would swoon over you. Personality wont get you far except being in the friendzone for a possible future insurance policy. But as the women age looks don't matter no more and its all about personality and compatablity. On the flip side as the men age, looks become to play and it matters, men are making more money, more free time eventually want a hot woman to go along with them. This is what I'm observing now. Life is so fast paced here, no one has time or take time to get to know one another, this goes for both women and a certain degree men. Every woman that I known that wanted a man that was good looking ended up getting used and cheated on. If they went for an average looking to a below average looking man this scenario would happen less likely, but can happen.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:50 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,962,056 times
Both are important. Looks bring them in. Personality keeps them. But then....I'm still single.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:06 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
It's not a tirade. I'm just trying to get you to stop being so negative about other people and answer a question that is only about you. Why can't you simply answer the question? I'm not trying to be mean to you - I'm trying to just get you to answer the question.
I am not being negative about other people but I cannot and will not ignore what I have seen my entire life.

Personality must be more important to me. I have had several close women friends and I daresay if it was looks more than likely I wouldn't have bothered with them.
There I answered it. Are you happy now?

Old 06-21-2015, 10:30 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,072 times
personality.
Looks only last so long, if i married a beautiful woman who was a ***** when her looks fade i would just have a ***** for a wive. if i married a woman who was not very pretty but was a wonderful person 40 years from now she is still a wonderful person.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:58 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Personality. A great personality can make an average person sexy, attractive, and fun to be with. A pretty face is just a pretty face. I want to grow old with someone that I love being around, that makes me laugh, that just gets me.
Ditto. Compatibility can make all the difference in the world for me. I'd give the average Jane a chance over Britt McHenry.

Of course, from appearance if I can sense drug use, I'll avoid her at all costs.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:07 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Both are important to most people, that's the only realistic answer. Not many people can say personality is the only thing that matters to them. I imagine for people with that attitude it's a lot easier to find someone, and they are most likely already taken or married somewhat young. If looks didn't matter to me I would probably have more dates than I know what to do with.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:27 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Both are important to most people, that's the only realistic answer. Not many people can say personality is the only thing that matters to them. I imagine for people with that attitude it's a lot easier to find someone, and they are most likely already taken or married somewhat young. If looks didn't matter to me I would probably have more dates than I know what to do with.

True, if you are going after people nobody else is competing for, your adds will go up dramatically.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:32 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
True, if you are going after people nobody else is competing for, your adds will go up dramatically.
Yup, I've seen that situation work out for people I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships