Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 07:26 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
I'm 26 and I still play them. My wife is also a gamer.
Agreed. I don't play much. But I would. Only drawback is my lack of patience when I get killed lol

But it's just another activity. No different than TV, reading, or anything else. I never really understood how some put age-limits on things. "You can't enjoy____________once you're over 18."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 07:34 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
You're his partner, not his mother.
The issues isn't a playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I don't understand how there are men who past like 20 still play video games.
It's a generational thing.
It's like my parents parents not understanding rock music. Blaming it for all the problems of thier youth etc etc etc

Last edited by rego00123; 06-20-2015 at 07:44 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 07:42 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
He has had gaming issues for years. Constantly gaming on his old PS2, then his computer, and now his phone. It's constant. He can't just sit and watch TV without constantly gaming. Now he wants a PS4 and keeps trying to make deals with me like saying he will go see a movie I want to see if he can get a PS4 (not a fair trade off). He is 42, overweight and we need to be active. If he gets a PS4 he will be on it all time. He also always talks about saving money yet he will spend money on this??

Good lawd, Adrian, divorce the drunken bum already!

My husband promised to cut down on drinking but his speech is slurred?

Why does my husband this? Feel so manipulated

Is if normal for a husband to give such a hard time about dressing up?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:46 PM

720 posts, read 500,326 times
Unless by "play station" you mean "an attractive, younger woman", you really shouldn't be telling your husband what he can and can't get. He's your husband, not your child. If the issue was money (I know those things cost as much as some flat-screen TVs these days), I could see that. But you think there are more productive ways for him to be spending his time? You're right, but who cares? He's a grown man.

I agree with you, by the way. I played my fair share of video games when I was a kid and teenager. I weaned off them around the time I graduated high school and I don't understand how grown men sit around playing video games all day. Video games have come a long way, don't get me wrong, but when if I was an unencumbered young man in my twenties, I'd have been out chasing tail, not sitting around playing video games. Plus, as a woman, if you like having sex, it's probably better if your guy isn't up late playing video games.

All that being said, he's a grown man and can do what he wants to do. The issue with him being fat and lazy is something you guys need to talk about separate from his desire to get a video game system. Try doing some things together that keep him from spending so much time on it.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:03 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,700,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I don't understand how there are men who past like 20 still play video games.
Lol...my husband is 56. He is playing Destiny right now...with our daughter who is 4 states away at college.

His mother played the original Nintendo so much with her grand kids that she developed Ninentdo thumb...which in a 60 year old woman (at the time) made her doctor laugh.

I play some games but am not very good....my talents peaked with Mario Brothers.

I guess I understand that some people don't play...but I always wonder why they think that makes them somehow a better human being or more mature.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:06 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
Yes. He's an adult not your child.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:16 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,700,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post

I agree with you, by the way. I played my fair share of video games when I was a kid and teenager. I weaned off them around the time I graduated high school and I don't understand how grown men sit around playing video games all day. Video games have come a long way, don't get me wrong, but when if I was an unencumbered young man in my twenties, I'd have been out chasing tail, not sitting around playing video games. Plus, as a woman, if you like having sex, it's probably better if your guy isn't up late playing video games.
ROTFLMFAO....you must know the wrong subset of gamers.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:17 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
How do you stop an adult from doing "whatever?"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-20-2015, 09:45 PM

106 posts, read 87,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed. I don't play much. But I would. Only drawback is my lack of patience when I get killed lol

But it's just another activity. No different than TV, reading, or anything else. I never really understood how some put age-limits on things. "You can't enjoy____________once you're over 18."
Sounds like I wrote those words lol. My wife looks at me and laughs whenever I die in a game and scream at the tv lol.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
Sounds like I wrote those words lol. My wife looks at me and laughs whenever I die in a game and scream at the tv lol.
Yeah. I play, but I suck. Especially if the game is timed, and I know I am going on a clock. But I used to play PC games, and since my computer was slow, when I died, I usually had to wait over 5 min for the game to reload so I could go again, even more annoying when they play a distinct video of me getting killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships