Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,692,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHS View Post
Okay, they're open.

Where do I look?
Look for signs of women being single.

The way they have a conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 11:47 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,087,967 times
Uh, no.

Made it through a chorus of "Me Too's" on P1, and a "Hell yes, who doesn't?" on Page 2. On to P3...and on it goes. Enough.

So, to OP: I'm 47, hetero, great income, presentable, sociable when it suits my purposes, ambitious, and by any monetary and emotional measurement successful and well-adjusted. Thus, never had real trouble finding partners, when I wanted to. To that end, maybe more trouble than some, but less than others.

...And I'd sooner be coated with sugar dough and dropped in a donut vat than "get married" or have any woman around for longer than a few weeks at one stretch anymore, last three years or so at least. There is nothing to share; my adventures (experiences) are for me, not dealing with someone else's BS. I see and do enough for ten men, one end of the county, state, country, continent, and (when feasible) world to the other. Bound by budget and vacation time, of course, these being peak earning years and no. 1 priority is keeping the ball rolling and saving to retire quite well indeed.

Few, if-any, women I've ever met can keep up or want to. Not too many months from now I'll be riding a BMW motorcycle through southwest Africa for a week shy of a month: number of takers, male or female, other than me = zero. So, it's up to me and a few pals collected from world-over, nine months in the making. As-usual. Women & people in-general: always some excuse for not putting oneself out there, really finding what life is all about and experiencing vs. puling about "money problems" or "the (brat) needs this or that" instead.

Nuh uh. Not how I choose to live.

Too, there is negative expected value to that decision (couplehood) once you've got a LOT to lose. That has been an ongoing and frank risk-analysis for a long, long time in my world and I'm more than comfortable with the outcomes. Huge difference between "alone" and "lonely," which some seem to understand but others do not. Those who do, understand what "loner" really means: we're a unique tribe.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,268,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Uh, no.

Made it through a chorus of "Me Too's" on P1, and a "Hell yes, who doesn't?" on Page 2. On to P3...and on it goes. Enough.

So, to OP: I'm 47, hetero, great income, presentable, sociable when it suits my purposes, ambitious, and by any monetary and emotional measurement successful and well-adjusted. Thus, never had real trouble finding partners, when I wanted to. To that end, maybe more trouble than some, but less than others.

...And I'd sooner be coated with sugar dough and dropped in a donut vat than "get married" or have any woman around for longer than a few weeks at one stretch anymore, last three years or so at least. There is nothing to share; my adventures (experiences) are for me, not dealing with someone else's BS. I see and do enough for ten men, one end of the county, state, country, continent, and (when feasible) world to the other. Bound by budget and vacation time, of course, these being peak earning years and no. 1 priority is keeping the ball rolling and saving to retire quite well indeed.

Few, if-any, women I've ever met can keep up or want to. Not too many months from now I'll be riding a BMW motorcycle through southwest Africa for a week shy of a month: number of takers, male or female, other than me = zero. So, it's up to me and a few pals collected from world-over, nine months in the making. As-usual. Women & people in-general: always some excuse for not putting oneself out there, really finding what life is all about and experiencing vs. puling about "money problems" or "the (brat) needs this or that" instead.

Too, there is negative expected value to that decision (couplehood) once you've got a LOT to lose. That has been an ongoing and frank risk-analysis for a long, long time in my world and I'm more than comfortable with the outcomes. Huge difference between "alone" and "lonely," which some seem to understand but others do not. Those who do, understand what "loner" really means: we're a unique tribe.
Uh, okay. I do hope you feel better having gotten that off your chest.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:57 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,566,647 times
Quote:
Uh, no.

Hmmm... Some use others as their excuse for not to venture the world, then again ones dreams might not be yours or mine, been married 34 years not once have I ever kept or told my husbands he can't live his dreams , nor will I .So not everyone closed off to their spouses living or doing something outside of them, in fact I encourage it, I have my own dreams as well....

Old 06-22-2015, 08:37 PM

703 posts, read 417,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Look for signs of women being single.

The way they have a conversation.
Which is what, exactly?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,792,456 times
Quote:
Uh, no.

I give you credit for knowing yourself well enough to know that you prefer to be alone, and that you accept the possible downsides to a life alone, as well as the many advantages.

Lots of people - I'd say more than half of them men - want the public "respectability," cozy-wozyness, validation, domestic benefits, and regular sex of a LTR, but they carry on their lives as single men in many respects. They forget that they're part of a partnership that requires communication, compromise, EMOTIONAL as well as sexual intimacy, and at least some shared experiences in order to thrive.

My ex-husband is a loner (and a narcissist), and he never should have gotten married/entered a LTR. I hope he now realizes that, and makes a conscious choice to not subject any other women to the extreme loneliness that a life with him offers. For men like my ex to choose to be in long term relationships is tantamount to benign neglect at best, and calculated cruelty at worst.

Hopefully, you're honest and upfront with your "partners" from the beginning as to what they can expect from you (when you want them around, that is) to save either of you frustration and resentment. I can't understand why any LTR - MINDED woman would agree to your terms if you ARE candid, but perhaps a temporary thing with you suits them just fine.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:14 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,044,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I wouldn't know. I'm too far inland to see any real beaches.
I couldn't imagine not being near water.

Quote:
Uh, no.

Okay.. but .. for some, that is what life is all about, and having children (brat? ) is how they choose to live. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships