Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:38 PM

149 posts, read 179,006 times

Advertisements

Long story short. Me and the ex split 4 months ago. I split with her (sort of), asked for space anyways.
I tried to get her back, begging, pleading, sending 250 dollars worth of flowers to her work! she said NO and that she met somebody else. At one point I was calling her and her now bf answered the phone and told me to stop calling his gf! ha. I know, pretty bad. Anyways, I texted (don’t ask why) and she agreed to meet me this week for coffee…I didn’t think in a million years think she would. I couldn’t believe it. Hell, the fact she responded to my text was pretty surprising. Anyways, I asked why are you willing to meet me? she responds ‘I care about you, wonder how your doing, and think about you too. I’m happy where I’m at right now, and nothing can change that.” I’m like ok. So anyways were meeting Wednesday night. Is she testing the waters at all with me? I’m pretty astonished her bf would let her meet me. I was trying to get her back only 5-6 weeks ago. Thoughts?? and should I meet her? Life’s to short to be bitter. Plus at least it wouldn’t be awkward If i saw her anywhere else out if we did meet. I was with this girl for 2 years, lived together 1 year. She knows I miss her, I'm pretty she I texted her that last week!

Thanks guys!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 08:41 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Thoughts?
Don't be a douche, stop trying to contact her.

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssteele89 View Post
Long story short. Me and the ex split 4 months ago. I split with her (sort of), asked for space anyways.
I tried to get her back, begging, pleading, sending 250 dollars worth of flowers to her work! she said NO and that she met somebody else. At one point I was calling her and her now bf answered the phone and told me to stop calling his gf! ha. I know, pretty bad. Anyways, I texted (don’t ask why) and she agreed to meet me this week for coffee…I didn’t think in a million years think she would. I couldn’t believe it. Hell, the fact she responded to my text was pretty surprising. Anyways, I asked why are you willing to meet me? she responds ‘I care about you, wonder how your doing, and think about you too. I’m happy where I’m at right now, and nothing can change that.” I’m like ok. So anyways were meeting Wednesday night. Is she testing the waters at all with me? I’m pretty astonished her bf would let her meet me. I was trying to get her back only 5-6 weeks ago. Thoughts?? and should I meet her? Life’s to short to be bitter. Plus at least it wouldn’t be awkward If i saw her anywhere else out if we did meet. I was with this girl for 2 years, lived together 1 year. She knows I miss her, I'm pretty she I texted her that last week!

Thanks guys!!!
Life is also too short to be a glutton for punishment.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Assuming she has a mind of her own she would have no reason to "ask" her boyfriend if she can meet a friend for coffee.

If you want to go then go but do not expect anything besides coffee and chat. From what you wrote she already told you she is in a good place in her life right now so do not try to pressure her into getting back together with you.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:46 PM

you're right.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 PM

Which is why I don't know why she would text me back. I was hoping she wouldn't. Like I said she already knows how I feel about her.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:49 PM

The whole thing sounds messed up, I know. At this point I will probably go still. I agree though, it's kind of embarrassing and almost feels like she is meeting me out of pity. I'm a good looking guy and have been on numerous dates since her. So, that's not the issue. I genuinely missed her. Obviously I don't want pity though.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:51 PM

847 posts, read 766,633 times
move on dude. there is so much fish in the sea.

dedicate some of that energy to catching a new fish as patrice oneal used to say.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:52 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssteele89 View Post
...and almost feels like she is meeting me out of pity..
She is!!!!!

You are hounding her, and that is not love.

You said yourself she knows you miss her. Get a grip. Just STOP! It's humiliating, and it's selfish, the exact opposite of love.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:52 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,946 times
If this ex gf of yours really cares about you, she will leave you alone if she is happy with her current bf. To agree to meet you even for coffee after this brief a time of the breakup will only cause more confusion and pain to you and prolong the inevitable.
There is really no way for anyone other than her to know what her intentions are. She did sound clear in her message to you that she is happy where she is at now and "nothing can change that." I would take that to mean that not even you can change her mind. It sounds to me like she is willing to meet with you out of pity and guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships