Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 03:52 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times

Advertisements

You said you had a FWB that worked becuase you where not very attacted to him

now you're saying it's hard not to get attached to people you are attracted to becuase it's hard for you to find people you are legit attracted too.

What do YOU want?

You are setting yourself up for pain

Last edited by rego00123; 06-23-2015 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 03:54 PM

51 posts, read 49,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You said you had a FWB that worked becuase you where not very attacted to him
now you're saying it's hard not to get attached becuase it's hard for you to find people you are legit attracted too.

What do YOU want?
Who made the second statement you posted? Because it wasn't me.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:54 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingRejected View Post
I have choices but they're never people I want to sleep with. I don't meet people often that I'm physically attracted to. I like a particular age range, race, build.

Either wait for one that fits your profile to the tee or have at it with one that's close enough.
It seems your pickiness is causing you to feel desperate once you find your unicorn.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:55 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Who made the second statement you posted? Because it wasn't me.
This whole thread about this one guy is your statement to it

Old 06-23-2015, 04:11 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
If I had reached that level of insight about myself and was able to answer that question I probably wouldn't be looking for a friend with benefits.
I just don't understand why your feelings get hurt over someone you had no emotional attachment to, unless you were actually falling for him?

Old 06-23-2015, 04:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I just don't understand why your feelings get hurt over someone you had no emotional attachment to, unless you were actually falling for him?
It's probably just the rejection. The guy she may not have known that well, and had no feelings. But hurt because he didn't find her hot or sexy enough to get a condom and come back to her.

Some women here, have said their F. Buddies spend money and fly out to get some sex from them. But this guy OP was with, wasn't interested enough to simply get a condom and come right back and have a good time.

So, rather than the guy, I think the OP's pride is just hurt more than anything, since she says she already has trouble feelings sexy and wanted.

Another girl I know, poster on this forum, made a thread about it. Has low self-esteem, and gets depressed when even players and womanizers don't want her. They sleep with lots of other women, but not her. So she hates a guy never even cared enough about her to want to get in her pants. It was bad enough she had no love or boyfriend. Now guys ignore her all together-for a relationship and plain old sex. So she felt not only is she not good enough for guy to wanna date, she apparently also wasn't good enough for guys to even wanna take advantage of.

The thread is very old, I would link it if I remembered the title.

Sounds sad, or pathetic, to some, or many I should say. But sadly, some people's self-worth gets that low. Then they start trying to take with they can get. They can't get a steady partner who could love them, so they at least want to be desired sexually.

Last edited by HappyRain; 06-23-2015 at 04:28 PM..

Old 06-23-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
When I was 15 my father, who had molested me as a child, told me never to call or contact him again. So I didn't.

I am learning in adulthood that now, any time a man pulls anything that is close to a disappearing act, I ruminate and can't get over it. I 'have' to know why. I cry over it. I get over it, but it takes wayyyy longer than it should. It just does.

Not admitting this to garner sympathy. Maybe this will provide some insight. We are all products of our past in some way, shape or form. In some ways for good...in some ways for not so good.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It's probably just the rejection. The guy she may not have known that well, and had no feelings. But hurt because he didn't find her hot or sexy enough to get a condom and come back to her.

Some women here, have said their F. Buddies spend money and fly out to get some sex from them. But this guy OP was with, wasn't interested enough to simply get a condom and come right back and have a good romp.
Either you really read and comprehended everything I wrote and are an insightful person...or you've actually figured out who I am and know me in real life.

Edited to add:

You are absolutely right in that I believe I wasn't attractive enough. Otherwise he would have came back. Or at the very least contacted me again to see if I was still open to meeting again.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Here's the thing. For many, casual sex is NOT about the person they're having casual sex with. It's about getting laid. Period. Full stop. That's all. So there's not much point in taking it as a personal slight, since it really more than likely wasn't about you, in the first place, anyway. You just happened to be available and willing.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:40 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
I should have been. The thought had actually crossed my mind earlier that day while I was shopping to stop somewhere and get some, but again, I've never had a guy be without.
Well now you have and can no longer say, "I've never been with a guy who didn't bring his own...."

You have to take care of everything yourself and that way you'll know you're taken care of. Why leave anything up to chance or the guy who, really, you did not know despite the chatting in the couple of weeks beforehand. Use this as a lesson because that's what it's there for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships