Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:55 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You know, another thing to keep in mind, but most women I've met have condoms themselves. It would be good for you, if you're considering getting down, to have your own stash in case you:

1) run out
2) he doesn't have any
3) you can be sure to get a good brand and not some cheap freebie

I'm wondering why you, yourself, weren't prepared. This doesn't seem well planned.
Get at least three varieties in case he pulls this "Oh, I am allergic to latex" crap. Of course, I'd then question the reason to even be with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Get at least three varieties in case he pulls this "Oh, I am allergic to latex" crap. Of course, I'd then question the reason to even be with him.

I hung out with one woman that was allergic to latex and she brought her own. They were horrible.

Though not infrequently I've run into women that have bad reactions to anti spermicidal lubricants. That seems rather common.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:57 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingRejected View Post
After reading this, before you respond, I ask that you please go easy on me. I've dealt with a lot of rejection in my life, so although this situation may seem superficial, it's really playing a number on my self esteem right now, and quite honestly I'm kinda just hurt at the moment. Anyways, here goes:

Long story short, it's been going on a year since I've last had sex. I miss the physical touch of a man so bad. I recently met an attractive man that's in the same boat; we were both looking for friends with benefits. We went out on 2 dates and talked everyday for 2 weeks and decided we wanted to proceed with being fwb. He's 30, I'm 36, and he seemed normal/mature. The physical chemistry between us was very intense. Plus we also seemed to be on the same level maturity wise. We decided last weekend we would meet and get together. We met for dinner, later got a room, talked/chilled, then started getting into it. An hour into it, he's about to pull it out and go in...without a condom. I stop him just in time and ask if he brought one. He gives me a blank look and says no, since he knew I was on the pill he 'thought we were good'. He said he could go get one, left, then text me saying he couldn't find a store that's open and it must not have been meant to be. He never came back. 2 days have past and I have not heard from him. I'm crushed.
What do you expect? You met a stranger and got a motel room. How classy. He must have felt like a john with a prostitute.

Get a vibrator and a big pack of batteries.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:05 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
He sounds like a total noob, what guy doesn't bring condoms to a f---fest?!? Rookie mistake, he has zero game. Not sure what that implies about the "connection" - well, clearly there wasn't one, so.. Keep it movin'.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:08 AM

51 posts, read 49,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
What do you expect? You met a stranger and got a motel room. How classy. He must have felt like a john with a prostitute.

Get a vibrator and a big pack of batteries.
Thanks.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
He sounds like a total noob, what guy doesn't bring condoms to a f---fest?!? Rookie mistake, he has zero game. Not sure what that implies about the "connection" - well, clearly there wasn't one, so.. Keep it movin'.

True, but so does she. She should have them as well.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:10 AM

51 posts, read 49,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You know, another thing to keep in mind, but most women I've met have condoms themselves. It would be good for you, if you're considering getting down, to have your own stash in case you:

1) run out
2) he doesn't have any
3) you can be sure to get a good brand and not some cheap freebie

I'm wondering why you, yourself, weren't prepared. This doesn't seem well planned.
I should have been. The thought had actually crossed my mind earlier that day while I was shopping to stop somewhere and get some, but again, I've never had a guy be without.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
I don't know
You did the right thing.

You can never be TOO careful now-a-days.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
After reading this, before you respond, I ask that you please go easy on me. I've dealt with a lot of rejection in my life, so although this situation may seem superficial, it's really playing a number on my self esteem right now, and quite honestly I'm kinda just hurt at the moment. Anyways, here goes:

Long story short, it's been going on a year since I've last had sex. I miss the physical touch of a man so bad. I recently met an attractive man that's in the same boat; we were both looking for friends with benefits. We went out on 2 dates and talked everyday for 2 weeks and decided we wanted to proceed with being fwb. He's 30, I'm 36, and he seemed normal/mature. The physical chemistry between us was very intense. Plus we also seemed to be on the same level maturity wise. We decided last weekend we would meet and get together. We met for dinner, later got a room, talked/chilled, then started getting into it. An hour into it, he's about to pull it out and go in...without a condom. I stop him just in time and ask if he brought one. He gives me a blank look and says no, since he knew I was on the pill he 'thought we were good'. He said he could go get one, left, then text me saying he couldn't find a store that's open and it must not have been meant to be. He never came back. 2 days have past and I have not heard from him. I'm crushed.
Crushed because a guy you met for sex only did not come prepared and did not return?

Next time have your own condoms and meet someone just for sex don't go on dates first.

"Friends with benefits" does not exist, it is a fantasy in a movie, when you have a sex only partner that is what you do is have sex then go on about your life.
No dates, no texting, no chatting, no doing things together outside of sex.

I don't think he is immature, I think he wanted to skip an embarassing moment.
What I do think is immature is being "crushed" over a sex only guy cutting off contact.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:14 AM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
Lots of guys don't like to use condoms... if you are on the pill, and you both have been celibate for a while, you are probably both clean. Remember, he's taking a risk raw dogging it too...

When I get into a relationship, the first thing I push for is to not use a rubber once I am relatively sure she is clean and is using birth control. I know i'm clean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships