Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:51 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Just being broke and doing the museum tours gets old quick and while people are sort of being PC here, I'll say it out loud... BEING BROKE SUCKS.........and I'd rather have the money to have options.... LOL...
I agree. But then you have posters here who constantly harp on that a man's income doesn't matter in the world of dating and that there are numerous things a person can continually do for free or low costs. Of course those individuals probably rarely eat at moderate to expensive restaurants, don't have a lot of friends, probably hardly travel by plane, and don't have expensive hobbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 03:00 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I agree. But then you have posters here who constantly harp on that a man's income doesn't matter in the world of dating and that there are numerous things a person can continually do for free or low costs. Of course those individuals probably rarely eat at moderate to expensive restaurants, don't have a lot of friends, probably hardly travel by plane, and don't have expensive hobbies.
I'll say it again.... yeah, you can do a few things for free, but let's all just drop the PC bullshyt here, you need a certain amount of money to go out and do things... yeah, yeah, I get you can do some stuff on the cheap, but that's all fine in La La fairy land... but what do you do if you find out her favorite band is playing in town, or something along those lines...

Tell her gee wiz... gosh darn it I wish we could go see that show.....

Old 06-27-2015, 03:06 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
However.. saying he shouldn't date at all is a bit different. As this thread shows, there are a few things. No doubt, he is at a disadvantage... but as I said before.. .let the dating pool decide.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said anything about being unemployed? What I understood from the OP was that he's employed, but is paying off a lot of debt, so he's stretched thin.
Well that means he should go on a dating hiatus like I did a few years ago.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:59 PM

Well if he doesn't spend money to date then it neither detracts nor contributes to debt.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:13 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Well if he doesn't spend money to date then it neither detracts nor contributes to debt.

I am in debt now and only date 2 times a month. It will only be 3 times if I have a lot of chemistry with someone and we are seeing each other for a second and third time. But for July I only expect to be on 2 dates unless I meet that special someone.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I am in debt now and only date 2 times a month. It will only be 3 times if I have a lot of chemistry with someone and we are seeing each other for a second and third time. But for July I only expect to be on 2 dates unless I meet that special someone.
As you are having fun... this is great!

I still see no reason to go on a dating hiatus....

Old 06-27-2015, 11:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
As you are having fun... this is great!

I still see no reason to go on a dating hiatus....

Now once I get out of debt I will be able to date a little more than 2 times a month since I would be able to put a couple of dates on credit.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:40 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Now once I get out of debt I will be able to date a little more than 2 times a month since I would be able to put a couple of dates on credit.
Wouldn't that put you back into the same problem?

Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Wouldn't that put you back into the same problem?
No because it would be paid off before the end of the month. I'm talking about having a $60.00 cap for a possible 3rd date if the interest is there and paid it off in 30 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships