Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 10:34 AM

297 posts, read 294,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
She hasn't, at least not in this thread. But people have asked what her preferences are and she has not responded. Her failure to respond combined with the fact that she is attractive and not overweight (based upon her profile picture), and that she mentioned in the OP that she lives near a prestigious law school (she is 31), leads me to believe her preferences are the issue. And, I am sorry if this does not apply to the OP, but it is a theme that I have observed on this forum, that AA people that post in this forum about their difficulties finding a mate/date will not mention that they are primarily looking for an interracial relationship until it is pulled out of them on page 10.
I don't think the OP should solely focus on dating black men, because professional black men in DC certainly do not exclusively date black women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Ok,

So what should she do? She can't change her race, obviously. And it may not be possible for her to move. Now what?
I would suggest online dating.

As an aside, I'm willing to bet that most of the white women on this forum are not as attractive as the OP.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I don't think the OP should solely focus on dating black men, because professional black men in DC certainly do not exclusively date black women.
OP has not stated a preference for professional men (or any preference for that matter), but you are probably correct, she is probably only looking for professional men based upon where she frequents. But it isn't like the OP has some prestigious degree or job herself, I don't see why she should have an expectation that she would pair up with some professional man, black or otherwise.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:09 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
I dont have a preference, just someone I connect with well. Im fine with interracial dating.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:14 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
This thread will most likely get shutdown if race keeps being discussed, as far as I know the OP didn't mention her dating woos to be race related, not sure why that is getting thrown around.

She's an attractive looking woman, so I don't think it's looks being the issue here.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I'm not doubting that some may indeed carry around a few heavy chips, but my question to you is, why do you think a number of black women have those chips? Here's a hint, it's due to the treatment that many black women experience.
If you think that playing the victim card on behalf of these chip-on-the-shoulder types is somehow going to pressure men into wanting to date them, I believe you are mistaken. What you seem to be suggesting is that men overlook this very unattractive and off-putting characteristic because it is politically incorrect to consider it or be offended by it. In fact, this almost seems almost like a voluntary affirmative action dating proposal that you are suggesting.

Good luck with that.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If you think that playing the victim card on behalf of these chip-on-the-shoulder types is somehow going to pressure men into wanting to date them, I believe you are mistaken. What you seem to be suggesting is that men overlook this very unattractive and off-putting characteristic because it is politically incorrect to consider it or be offended by it. In fact, this almost seems almost like a voluntary affirmative action dating proposal that you are suggesting.

Good luck with that.
It's not about playing the "victim card," it's about acknowledging reality. If you actually took the time to read my words, you'd understand my overall point. A lot of black women are treated like crap in the U.S. and yet still expected to walk around smiling, happy and friendly each and every day.

If white and Asian women had to put up with half of the B.S. and stereotypes that black American women have to deal with on a regular basis, I guarantee that most wouldn't be smiling or laughing.

When an attractive black woman travels outside of America, she suddenly starts to smile and laugh because the environment is no longer filled with prejudicial stereotypes and bigotry. She is treated like a woman and no longer has to constantly defend herself or try to prove her self worth on a regular basis. The same attractive/intelligent black woman that is relatively ignored in the States, suddenly becomes the belle of the ball and is hit on routinely by all different types of men.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:11 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This thread will most likely get shutdown if race keeps being discussed, as far as I know the OP didn't mention her dating woos to be race related, not sure why that is getting thrown around.

She's an attractive looking woman, so I don't think it's looks being the issue here.
I give this thread until 7pm, when the festival I'm going to really turns up.

OPs dating problem has little to do with race. I work with a whole mess of black women who are my clients in the DC area. A lot of them are getting married recently, mostly to black men but all races are represented. Race isn't the OPs main problem at all. I'd say timing is a more likely problem.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I give this thread until 7pm, when the festival I'm going to really turns up.

OPs dating problem has little to do with race. I work with a whole mess of black women who are my clients in the DC area.
As a black woman who has lived in D.C., I can state with certainty that race is most certainly the reason why the OP is having difficulties dating. People want her to believe that she is doing something wrong, "not smiling, not going to the right places, not free-spirited enough, yada yada yada," but the truth is, there's nothing wrong with the OP. She is not the problem, the problem is her environment, and the overall stereotypes that are ingrained throughout America concerning black women.

Quote:
A lot of them are getting married recently, mostly to black men but all races are represented. Race isn't the OPs main problem at all. I'd say timing is a more likely problem.
Based on the national stats, black women are far less likely to marry, than other races of women in the U.S. Perhaps in your social circle, 3, 4, 5 or so black women have found their significant others, but this is hardly the case for most black women in the D.C. metro area.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

The OP asked a very legitimate question. I find it interesting that people want to focus on what the OP is doing "wrong," instead of just being honest and admitting the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships