Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:09 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
If someone is still living at home in their 20's or 30's, how do they have sex? I live at home and don't see how it is possible.

This explains a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 10:12 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,771 times
Out of respect for your parents, I would find another place. If you are not paying them rent, or paying them only a modest amount of rent, you could get a motel room, because you have saved quite a bit by staying with them instead of paying for renting a place elsewhere.

I was with my parents until I was 21 (and moved in again for a few months at 25). I never had sex in their home. I wouldn't even have thought of it. My brother lived with my parents until he was in his upper 30's--maybe 40. My husband, very young daughter and I were visiting with my folks one weekend and we stayed upstairs. My brother's room was upstairs. I was shocked when, one morning when we woke up and were going past his room to go downstairs, he had a woman in bed with him. (Who he later married). His door was wide open and they were sleeping. I got upset at him (never let him know about it) because my daughter saw them in there together. I did talk to my mom and she said, "well, this is his house too, and he can do whatever he wants." So in that case, it didn't bother her. I knew, however, no matter how old I was, it sure as heck would have bothered my parents for me to have a man in my bedroom.

So maybe have a talk with your parents. They may not mind if they have the same mindset as my mom. On the other hand, if they do, than just accept that this "living at home" has financial benefits for you and there are just going to be some sacrifices you have to be willing to make until you can get your own place.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:12 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Many parents of adult children understand that they are consenting adults with sex lives of their own. They respect their adult children's privacy. All parties in a household should respect each other... if not they should move out.

My father assured us (my fiance at the time and I) that if necessary, he would convert the up stairs portion of his house into a private apartment. It was an incentive to keep the family close (in his culture, the family sticks together). However, we decided to move to another part of the country.

We had sex at both of our parent's homes at one time or another...

If you think that is hard, try having a sex life with young children running around. Its damn near impossible in a small home.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Ditto! At least if parents catch you, they'll likely want to forget it just as much as you do. Kids? They're either waking up and interrupting at key moments, ask too many questions, or start giving you horrified looks when they are old to enough to figure out exactly what you're doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
If you think that is hard, try having a sex life with young children running around. Its damn near impossible in a small home.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:22 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
If someone is still living at home in their 20's or 30's, how do they have sex? I live at home and don't see how it is possible.
How possible it might be depends on the reason that you are still living with your parents.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:23 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Oh the memories! My BF's older sister walked down to the basement, and she totally knew what was going on because she sat right down on the couch with a big old grin on her face. We were sitting there with a blanket across our lower half, just praying that she wouldn't yank it off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I was able to have sex in basement mostly clothed and jump up and cover it up if I heard foot steps in the kitchen, leading to the staircase...my brother caught me quite a few times...but my parents never ever caught me

Old 06-27-2015, 10:25 AM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
I'd be hesitant to go down to the basement with a 40 year old who still lived with the parents to begin with.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Well, see, the boy puts his boy part in the girl's girl part...

Old 06-27-2015, 10:30 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
My first girlfriend and I would have sex in the dinning room (next to the Kitchen) when her parents went to bed. She kept assuring me that her parents were hard sleepers. She was right.

What she didn't tell me was her brother liked to wake up in the middle of the night to get snacks. That was embarrassing. I think he was even more embarrassed than us...

After a while we found a nice nook in the woods behind her house. It was nice to be under the stars.

PS> I was scared for many months thinking the brother would rat on me. Her parents didn't like me from the first day we were together. They were pretty clear on that but didn't interfere too much.

If teens can find a way... I'm sure a 20 or 30 year old can... or at least have a reasonable enough relationship with the parents to have a frank discussion about privacy.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:31 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
They should be adult enough to live on their own before they worry about the sex!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships