Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
Congratulations, your post count is higher.
Oh stop I don't care about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 07:35 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,203,160 times
Unless you think such a rumor will somehow adversely effect your work, I think you are over reacting. Knowing your social status/history might help people gauge the situation better. e.g. If you are a very attractive guy that is very popular with women I see the situation differently than if you never date.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:40 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,915,502 times
boundries can be crossed long before anything sexual happens...and people thinking clearly KNOW it

We were camping with our married friends...one of the wives came in our camper to use potty...she came out and noticed I was laying on the bunk watching a movie...she sat next to me at first and then LIED DOWN in front of me, almost spooning..this was totally innocent, she was NOT hitting on me...but I felt very uncomfortable...I made a lame ass excuse and went out to the fire, she stayed in our camper and finished the movie LOL...if someone had walked in it would have looked bad...we were 39/40 year old parents....

ALso at camping, we snuck into pool at night...eventually it was just me and a friends friends wife (I didn't know her) she suggested skinny dipping and stupidly I did it...after a few minutes she went under water and...um...lets just say...er...she did something VERY inappropriate...luckily she had to come back up for air and I got out...I KNEW this was borderline inappropriate and didn't stop it until it became too late...

Old 06-29-2015, 01:57 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,208,181 times
As long as those directly involved are comfortable with it, then pay no mind to the gossips. Some folks cannot get accept the idea of men and women having platonic friendships, but they are often either the jealous types themselves, or incapable of having a friendship with someone of the opposite sex. Can it get awkward even if there is nothing going on? Absolutely! I had a situation where a friend of ours was crashing on our couch for a week or so, when my husband got called in for a snow storm and was gone for a couple of days. It was super awkward to be alone with another dude for a couple of days, but we'd known each other for years and just had to get over it.

Old 06-29-2015, 02:24 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
I wouldnt worry so much about what people say, think about you or gossip about. You know the truth and you know what has and hasnt happened. If a friend of yours has a question, they can come to you and ask you directly, otherwise its just drama inducing nonsense. SOme people lakc it in their life, so they have to manufacture it any way they can.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:06 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,480,684 times
I don't do this at all, just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships