Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 01:19 PM

9 posts, read 12,995 times

Advertisements

Move mountains to be with you? I'm talking about someone who doesn't know me yet, just a stranger I see now and then. He will glance over, but never do anything beyond that. I'm assuming he's not interested. So if a guy really likes you, something should've happened by now. It's been almost a year in the making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 01:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Nope. But, if he's interested, it sounds like all he needs to do is walk over and say hello.

4,575 posts, read 5,189,224 times
He could be shy, or think you're taken already. Some guys assume that. In some cases, guys who aren't shy, more confident, and / or have nothing to lose, will be the ones to be forward and make interest in a date, or sex, openly known. But some guys, are too shy. The same reason some women don't approach, or ask out. Too shy, to a fault. Being very shy hinders tons of people when it comes to dating. Because that shyness is misread as many negative things, so it wards people who could have potentially be interested off. Usually, unless the shy person is lucky enough to meet a more aggressive suitor, then shyness has to be overcome and said person has to start making some moves, lest they never be noticed by, or involved with, anyone decent.

But like you, yeah. If they wanna talk alot, give compliments, or flirt, but never ask for a date or get-together, I assume also they must not have been interested in that. And are just bored, or having fun bantering. 1 guy I know was an employee at a beauty supply I went. He had no problem coming up, talking, asking questions about myself, and saying repeatedly that I was "beautiful." So that guy clearly was far from shy. But he never asked for a date, or number. So I figured he didn't care for either, or he'd have made that known too. He just thought I was unusual looking.

Last edited by HappyRain; 06-29-2015 at 01:35 PM..

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
No, because he might be wondering the same thing about you.

"If she really liked me, wouldn't she have talked to me or something by now? Maybe I just remind her of someone she knows or something. I should go talk to her. Nah. I'll just make myself look like an idiot."

Seriously. If you want him, maybe you need to do more than glance. If not, then stop looking at him all the time.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:24 PM

19,400 posts, read 15,227,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypothetical101 View Post
Move mountains to be with you? I'm talking about someone who doesn't know me yet, just a stranger I see now and then. He will glance over, but never do anything beyond that. I'm assuming he's not interested. So if a guy really likes you, something should've happened by now. It's been almost a year in the making.
No, it's not true, at least not always or even close to it. There are plenty of men who post here about how much they like a person but can't find it in themselves to approach them.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:32 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,906 times
Dear OP, I know exactly what you mean. I think it's 50/50. He could either be very shy and/or not know if you are available, or it could be he's semi-interested but is more comfortable being single. In my case I'm trading flirts and glances with someone I know has been a widower for a few years. (his wife died young).

Old 06-29-2015, 02:01 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,901 times
stop watching chick flicks...this doesn't happen...

"move mountains to be with you"...seriously???...someone he doesn't even know?
sorry, this is just hallmark sentiment and is not realistic...too many fishies in the sea to go to battle with a shark for a certain one...

Old 06-29-2015, 02:02 PM

348 posts, read 372,171 times
That adage is for the beginning stages of dating - he's already met you and is interested.

So now go give him a reason to meet you .

Old 06-29-2015, 02:05 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,151,426 times
How can he like you if he's never met you?

Old 06-29-2015, 02:06 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
stop watching chick flicks...this doesn't happen...

"move mountains to be with you"...seriously???...someone he doesn't even know?
sorry, this is just hallmark sentiment and is not realistic...too many fishies in the sea to go to battle with a shark for a certain one...
Exactly!

Why doesn't he pick me up on a white horse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships