Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:47 AM

828 posts, read 907,301 times

Advertisements

Can A Beautiful Body Make Up for an Ugly Face? I think for some guys it can. As another poster said, though, most of us are average. You'd have to fall on one of the extremes to actually be ugly.

Dressing sexy can mean many things. Dressing provocatively can make people uncomfortable. And it can give off a desperate vibe. When that happens, you can guarantee you'll be attracting low quality men. Or men who want one thing. You say you are looking for a longterm relationship. Be patient, and be smart about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,413,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherInLeather View Post
I admit that I'm not all that pretty in the face: I have a big nose, boring brown eyes, too many freckles, etc. The only thing I have going for me in the face is that I don't have any major deformities.

However, my body isn't all that bad. I am thin with an hourglass figure.

I am wondering if dressing sexier, instead of just wearing jeans and a tee shirt, will help me attract high quality men. If my body is my best physical asset, I should put my best foot forward, right?

I read somewhere that a woman should reveal 40-50% of skin, but no more than that, because more than that conveys trashiness.

Do you think dressing sexier can make up for my face? I am trying to attract long term relationships, not short term.

(Images removed because I wasn't sure how to get them to link correctly)

Being Bellaaaaaaaaaa. starts with being a sweet woman, carrying and understanding. Willing to place everything you love and like ahead of yourself. Start there and you will not have a problem finding your soul mate for life.You sound like a very nice woman and a good friend to the ends.

You should be in good shape. ;-) LOL.

Thanks,
Knight

Old 06-30-2015, 09:59 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
OP is fine. She's just a little worried over something that most likely doesn't matter.

And it's true, you have to be an extreme to be ugly. Just don't look like me, and you'll be OK.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:06 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
You're your harshest critic, Frog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
OP is fine. She's just a little worried over something that most likely doesn't matter.

And it's true, you have to be an extreme to be ugly. Just don't look like me, and you'll be OK.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
You're your harshest critic, Frog.
I've heard way worse, so I disagree.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

Dude, enough with the pity-party. Really. It's bordering on narcissistic. I'm not saying this to attack you, but to make you aware that you are master of your look, as is the OP. I've read posts from you in the past in which you took exception to criticism, namely mine, of t-shirts and cargo shorts with ball caps as looking sloppy. Well, that's something you choose to wear. You choose your clothes, your weight, your hair (facial or otherwise), and your demeanor. I can't help but get the vibe that you just want to use your appearance, which you can control, as an excuse not to work on your demeanor.

Maybe one day you'll get tired of it, and of your own attitude. Maybe you won't. But I can guarantee that if you keep putting the "I'm so ugly" schtick out into the world, and onto this forum, sooner or later others will get tired of it. It's off-putting--more off-putting than cargo shorts, ball caps, and being out of shape could ever be.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Seriously though, I'd venture to say that pretty much everyone has had someone think they weren't good-looking. I sure have! People have their own perceptions of what is and isn't beautiful.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 AM

4,558 posts, read 5,408,775 times
Quote:
Can A Beautiful Body Make Up for an Ugly Face?
I dont normally reply to posts from one-time posters who dont participate in their own threads because its usually regular posters who start "fringe topic" threads and NEVER reply to them (come back in a few months and OP will have the same amount of posts), but I'll bite and respond to this one.

You ask - "Can a beautiful body make up for an ugly face?". I say, usually, it does. But it depends on the magnitude of the ugly that you are talking about. I know a few "buttafaces" who have never had any problems getting dates or attention from men. Some have actually found their "soul mate" and are in long, happy, married relationships. What was the source of the initial attraction? Their amazing bodies, then personalities and mutual interests took things to the next step (marriage). So yes, a beautiful body CAN make up for an (as you say) "ugly face".

Quote:
I read somewhere that a woman should reveal 40-50% of skin, but no more than that, because more than that conveys trashiness.
Thats ridiculous. Where did you read that? There is not standard percentage of skin to reveal. If anything, like with most women I see with incredible bodies, they show their bodies not their skin, by wearing yoga type pants and sports bra type athletic shirts. Reason they have incredible bodies in the first place is because of their dedication to fitness and athletics. So, usually standard part of the uniform is fitted type tights/yoga pants. This is way sexier than revealing skin or being half naked.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 AM

745 posts, read 800,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I heard Sarah Jessica Party used butter face example.
I am face person for sure , you change your body anytime unless body. I am Adele and Melissa McCarthy who still has good face when fat or skinny.
Adele has an attractive face, Melissa McCarthy? No way... sorry

Old 06-30-2015, 10:29 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,806,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Seriously though, I'd venture to say that pretty much everyone has had someone think they weren't good-looking. I sure have! People have their own perceptions of what is and isn't beautiful.
Exactly, so far 3 women (Cameron Diaz, Tori Spelling, and SJP) who are considered by Hollywood standards to be very attractive, have been called unattractive by some on this thread....yet they can probably have any man they want, I mean for goodness sake Cameron Diaz dated Justin Timberlake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships