Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 05:31 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I find that funny. There are sooooooo many men living at home with their parents at 30 and 40 and they have girlfriends. If women didn't date men who lived at home a small percentage of single men would have herems .... Where I live it cost a minimum of 1200 a month for a apartment or a room... If you don't have a career you can't pay that . better to pay half of that and live home. If the woman wants to date men who are in better financial situations, that should be a red flag...
Well, I don't know any adult living at home with their parents. I know plenty whose parents live with them, though.

And they may have girlfriends, but are they "quality" women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell456 View Post
When me and my wife met, I was living at home and she had her own place. We moved in together after a year of dating and got married two months ago. Lots of women date men who live at home.
And now? Do you pull your weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 07:24 AM

100 posts, read 81,671 times
As a female in the age bracket you requested, absolutely not, I would not date a man who is living with his parents. I am financially independent and live in my own place, as I have for all of my adult life. I would never date a man who is not financially independent and is not currently living in his own place. Nor would I date a man who has no steady record of employment as well as living in his own place.

Old 09-04-2015, 02:36 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
deal breaker for the majority of women

Old 09-04-2015, 03:11 AM

579 posts, read 555,664 times
It depends on how nice his parents house is/ if his parents leave him alone. If his parents have a ****ty little house and they're always up his ass about something then that's a turn off.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:32 AM

361 posts, read 333,762 times
Absolutely unacceptable. What kind of woman would be Ok with it? 😂

Old 09-04-2015, 06:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
OP: right now you're in the midst of a major transition. You're turnING your life around, and that is to be commended, because it is such a big undertaking, so kudos to you. While your dating prospects are limited right now, when you've come to the point of having turnED your life around (education, gainful employment, your own living space), the type of women you are interested in are much more likely to be accepting of your past, because at that point it will demonstrably be in the past. The most important thing you can do right now is focus on your end goal, and be careful not to get involved with the wrong kind of woman, out of loneliness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
To sum up: you're on track. Keep on it.

I think your instincts are right - to get back on your feet and get a life going before seriously pursuing relationships. I don't think being an ex-con has to ruin all of your future dating prospects. You just have to bring more to the table than the average guy who doesn't have that past.

You can't erase that past, but you can make the good outweigh the bad. Women dig a man who lives on his own, keeps his place nice, knows how to cook and take care of what he owns, has ambition. So, when your past comes up, you want the internal conversation to be "But he did time! Yes, but he's got it together now, he's successful, he can cook for himself, he keeps a nice house", etc. etc.

Right now, as you predicted, that internal conversation is going to be "But he did time! And he lives with his folks. And he's not on his feet yet".

You seem to be emotionally mature and intelligent - you have a lot going for you. You can improve your lot in life and I hope you do. And I think you're right to think that, with a little more polishing up / getting established, you'll attract a better calibre of woman. Being an ex-con doesn't have to be a death sentence for your love life, you know? You just have to work harder to make up for it in women's minds. And there's nothing saying that you can't do this. Good luck to you.
I agree with both posters. Best wishes, OP.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:55 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
The ONLY adult males I know who live or have lived with parents are men who are JUST coming out of a divorce and trying to get back on their feet after some (edit) took everything he had...or, sadly, 20-30 something losers who chose video games over a job and independence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships