Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 02:40 PM

1,908 posts, read 1,272,331 times

Advertisements

If you think a girl is just leading you on, do you call her out on it? If so, do you just say whatever is in your head at the moment, or do you do it in a subtle way? I met this girl about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to get a first hang out from her. First time I texted her, she responds 2 days later. I responded back the same day, with a question in my response. She responds back a WEEK later saying she was sick and got busy blah blah blah, and didn't even answer my question from the previous message. I don't believe any of that. She's probably not into me(that's what I'm getting out of it) so I figure I would just be blunt(in a nice kind of way) with her and say, "if we don't hang out within the next week, I'm going to assume you aren't interested", or something like that. No exactly those words.

So GUYS, how blunt are you with women? Especially when you know that there's no chance (based on her not being proactive about hanging out).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 02:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I have no problems conveying how I feel.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:56 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,462 times
What I'm getting from this is that she's clearly sending the message that she's not interested. What's giving you the impression that she's "leading you on"?

Old 07-01-2015, 03:30 PM

783 posts, read 849,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
If you think a girl is just leading you on, do you call her out on it? If so, do you just say whatever is in your head at the moment, or do you do it in a subtle way? I met this girl about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to get a first hang out from her. First time I texted her, she responds 2 days later. I responded back the same day, with a question in my response. She responds back a WEEK later saying she was sick and got busy blah blah blah, and didn't even answer my question from the previous message. I don't believe any of that. She's probably not into me(that's what I'm getting out of it) so I figure I would just be blunt(in a nice kind of way) with her and say, "if we don't hang out within the next week, I'm going to assume you aren't interested", or something like that. No exactly those words.

So GUYS, how blunt are you with women? Especially when you know that there's no chance (based on her not being proactive about hanging out).
I don't call women out, I just pull back just as much as she does. Calling a woman out for not paying me enough attention just sounds lame to me. If she doesn't want to talk or meet up with me then I don't want to either. She responds a week later I respond a week later. She doesn't call I might call her twice and if she doesn't respond the ball is in her court because I won't call again.

On the other hand if she responds back quick so do I. A woman needs to meet me half way, if I'm doing all the work I stop chasing. Playing hard to get does not work on me.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:41 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Lol. In college, I was referred to as a douchebag, bleephole, a word that rhymes with tick, among other things, because I was extremely blunt with women in any aspect, not just specifically dating.

Now that I'm old and wise at 26, I don't care, too many beautiful women out there to get worked up over one woman. Chances are if you send that ultimatum text, she's going to tick (well, rhymes with tick) you around some more, and give you some BS answer about being caught up with work or class. Her celebrity crush could DM her on Instagram after her fingers were blown off after a 4th of July firework drunken mishap, and she would be in ICU, pecking on her phone with her nose like a chicken, trying to meet up with him as soon as the bleeding stopped.

As far as the young lady in your example, I do not put up with that. Some women treat their phone as a 5th finger, meaning it's basically attached to their hand. Please don't (her, not you) give me this crap that you're super busy and unavailable to shoot a text back to me.

I understand not being able to response for a few hours, I'm the same way, as I leave my phone in the car when I go to work. However, a few days to weeks? You don't wait days or weeks to respond to someone who you're interested in romantically. Silence is deafening.

Also, if you follow her on any social media platforms, like Tinder, Instagram or Snapchat, and if she's still active (posting snaps to her timeline, 'liking' pics on IG, active since her last message on Tinder, etc.), but she's not texting you back, she's not interested.

Swipe left on her message thread and delete her from your existence.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:43 PM

348 posts, read 372,057 times
Quote:

Meh, "being blunt" is school girl drama. Don't do that. She's plainly not interested (= NOT leading you on) so no use in telling her what she (and you) already know (other than for you to beat your chest, which has no real value).

Next time take the first hint she's not interested and then move on to find a woman that is enthusiastic about dating you.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,073 times
Yeah dude, she's just not that into you. When you met 2 weeks ago, did she exhibit any non verbal signs of interest? If you're not sure then please do some research. While the running joke is women talk a lot, they often communicate more via non-verbal communication than anything else. Especially when dealing with men.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Just don't talk to her.Anyone who ignores you isn't interested.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:55 PM

132 posts, read 106,674 times
I don't know that I'm necessarily blunt with women. However, on a first date I make it a point to ask all the pertinent questions so as to discern if there is the potential for a relationship. I don't need to waste several days playing the guessing game. In 30 minutes I can find out where it's going.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:

You seem like a really nice guy......

But honestly if she wanted to hang out w/ you she would be.

The most recent guy called me out very boldly on this....

First time in a long time someone has directly accused me of blowing him off.

I guess it's better to just put your cards on the table when a guy wants to hang out constantly....
I can't devote all that much time to someone who wants it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships